• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Possible to remove silkscreening?

snazzed

I think this is a bit of a dumb question and I think I already know the answer but... Is is possible to remove silkscreening from a Gi?

I just left a McDojo. I was there for some time before realizing it and one of the things they insisted on was silkscreening the Dojo name and logo on the back of your Gi. Well, I've left and I've found myself a good place but they have a no-logo policy, pure white except for labels that come on the Gi's. You can add the Official patch for the style, if you want but it is not required.

I'm kinda broke and I'll pop the $200CAD for a new Gi if have to, but I would rather not.

Thanks

snazzed

4yr Shotokan, 2yr Hapkido, 1mth Chito-Ryu.

The Hapkido place devolved into a McDojo during my stay.

"Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it a high quality Gi? If it's a McDojo I doubt it, I checked out the Gis at the local McDojo here and you can pick up something equivalent for around $30 on the Internet. KarateDepot.com has pretty cheap prices and low shipping rates. Not Tokaido quality obviously...

Is it a high quality Gi? If it's a McDojo I doubt it, I checked out the Gis at the local McDojo here and you can pick up something equivalent for around $30 on the Internet. KarateDepot.com has pretty cheap prices and low shipping rates. Not Tokaido quality obviously...

Yeah, it was a Gi I had from my place before... 12oz Mikado that I had for a couple of years. Hemmed sleeves and legs.

I was at a good place for years before I moved. When I started the McDojo, they actually looked pretty good but it took a while before I realized that there wasn't too much attention paid to instruction. The Sifu was good came from good lineage and had good skills... he just didn't correct his students enough. Resulted in bad technique and a lot of injuries.

Thanks

snazzed

4yr Shotokan, 2yr Hapkido, 1mth Chito-Ryu.

The Hapkido place devolved into a McDojo during my stay.

"Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand."

• 3 months later...

It's not common practice to remove silkscreening as the paint is usually embedded into the fabric. If it's not then you will be charged at least $80.00 to removie it. An alternative is to buy the same fabric and cover the logo.