• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i took some pertty bad kicks to the leg the other night, i brought my leg up to block, but they went through, the guy outweighed me by about 80-90 pounds, but thats not the point. my problem is that the next day i couldnt bend that leg all the way back, not even 90 degrees, i felt like my muscle was gnna rip if i did so i just didnt trry to, it felt really tight also, so my question is would it rip if i did go all the way back with the leg? im talkin about the outise thigh muscle. Also whats a good way to treat it, should i rub it wiht ben gay or ice it?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

it depends... tell us more about it - how badly is it bruised? severe bruises and inflammatiion are actually worsened by heat, and should be iced and elevated.

If it persists any longer than a few days, I'd get it checked out.

Theres not bruising, when i first strated to train thats when it bruised up but now it just hurts, this happend a month ago also, and it hurt for aobut a week n it went away, now it happend again on tuesday and its friday so its getting a lil better, i can bend my leg, but still feel the pain when im on my toes.

i dont know how to treat it but my advice is if it hurts when your training dont train. or train other parts of your body where you don't have to use your leg.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

sounds like you just caught a hellafied kick. If you train, only work hands until it goes away - no sense in aggravatign it further. Ideally, you should stay off of it until it heals.

Continuously receiving strikes in the same area will normally make you able to feel less pain in time, however be aware that all the pounding that you receive may affect you as you get older. Numbing of certain areas of your body many times go hand in hand with damage to your nerves in that area, therefore less pain, however this also means that it has a negative effect on your circulatory system.

What works works

yeah, bue he's referring to his thigh, not his shin. For the thigh, you will get used to it over time, but honestly, I think it's more mental than anything. I get kicked in the leg so much now, that it's like I expect it. My mind knows it's coming and I don't think twice about the actual impact anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

You can harden parts of your body (eg. shins) by repeated injury because the micro-fractures formed heal harder than before, and the nerves in the flesh are deadened so you actually feel less pain.

You can utterly ruin other parts of your body by repeated unjury.

Read that again because a lot of people have the idea of 'no pain, no gain'. In the case of joint, ligament, cartlidge and tendon damage it's a case of 'no pain, no crippling pain in your old age'. If your injury is a joint injury (which it sounds a lot like - probably inflamation of the joint which is why you can't bend it) then each injury does two things.

Firstly, it will make it more likely that you injure the same spot again. Secondly, it may vastly increase the chance of real, serious pain in your old age. With any non-flesh injury you're best to rest it completely until it heals then return to training very gradually. I've lost count of the times that I've been unable to walk after training, but rest and proper treatment has left very few lasting, recurring injuries.

Anyway, hope that helps...and hope you heal soon!