• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time?

8)

Well, 1:45 is the test on April 9th, so we can skoot over to the coffee place (which ever one we decide on) about 1:00 or 1:15. Is that ok? Let me know :)

Grenadier, you ARE a coffee snob LOL. Na, I see where you are coming from. I'd like to roast my own coffee beans, but I lead a busy life, so it's hard. Buying the beans and grinding them before brewing is alot right now LOL.

Laurie F

I'm 29 years old, and a coffee fanatic. I enjoy it this time of year more than any, because I have given it up for Lent for the second time (Lent's over, coffee is IN!!).

I'm a coffee drinker too!!

I love "Kona" coffee from the "Big Island" of Hawaii.

Even here in Hawaii, "Kona" coffee is expensive. There are different grades of "Kona" and the one that is normally sold in the markets are the low grade and still more expensive than most coffees. The high grade "Kona" costs about $20.00 a lb.

I got married this past September and we spent our Honeymoon in Hawai'i (split time between Oahu and Kauai). This is where I was introduced to Kona Coffee, which is undoubtedly the best coffee ever brewed. Kauai had it's own coffee which was really great too!

There was a store there that had shipped through online purchases. I'll post the link when I find it, so you guys can sample the best coffee on the planet (IMHO) if you want! :D :D :D :D :D

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

Grenadier, you ARE a coffee snob LOL.

I take that as a badge of honor! :)

Na, I see where you are coming from. I'd like to roast my own coffee beans, but I lead a busy life, so it's hard. Buying the beans and grinding them before brewing is alot right now LOL.

Really not that difficult, once you get a bit of practice. I have a roaster, and roast my beans until they crackle for the second time. Anything less, and I find it a bit underdone for my tastes. Anything more, and it more resembles a charcoal-like Turkish type of coffee (awful). I don't mind buying already roasted beans, as long as I know they're good, though.

The aroma of roasting coffee beans is wonderful, indeed. Friends of mine usually know that I've been roasting beans on that same day, and have stated that it's better than any air freshener on the market.

On another note, I will warn any coffee drinker, to avoid Vietnamese beans like the plague. Vietnam has recently become a major player in the coffee bean industry. Their soil is suitable for growing massive amounts of beans, but in all honesty, such beans are JUST... PLAIN... AWFUL!

The roasters in Vietnam know that the beans are horrible, so in order to kill off that bad taste, they treat the roasted beans with butter and fish oil. Even then, it's still awful-tasting. This could very well explain why the coffee bars in Asia often load up on milk and sugar when serving them.