3hitKO

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't drink coffee at all (LOVE the smell of it though :up:... is that odd? :lol:) I might end up starting a bit this summer though, my job has me getting up at 4:45 am and driving for an hour :dodgy:

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

I didn't like the idea of being dependent on any substances, so I never started drinking coffee. I've tried it several times and found it not to my liking, anyway. As I'm very particular about what I eat and drink in terms of a healthy diet, I don't forsee myself ever starting to drink it.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

You betcha!!!!! Any good coffee places your way?

8)

Yea, there's a Tim Hortons about a mile or so from the dojang. I never tried their coffee, but I'd be game to try it next time you come up :) And there's a Montana Mills Bread Co in the city of Canandaigua. They have pretty good coffee. And of course, the ol' stand-by, Dunkin Donut across the street from the dojang LOL. Not much else though, other than Wegmans coffee shop that makes espresso and other flavors.

Laurie F

I'm 14, and I sometimes drink coffee. I like it either black and strong or with cream and sugar.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Oh, by the way, I prefer tea... I personally think it tastes better and it doesn't stunt your grown, give you bad breath, or stain your teeth

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

ninjanurse and karatekid - don't have too much coffee when you meet up - it could have some very interesting effects on your TKD techniques in the training session afterwards! :lol:

I'd hate to see you have to explain that one to an instructor... :lol:

ShotokanKid - I'm a tea addict too. Heck, I just love hot drinks!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I'm game! How about before the BB test? We could meet early and have a cup while all the canidates are warming up and freaking out!

8)

Deal ;) I have to go with Brian anyways (I'm helping out with the test .... holding boards, ect), so I'll tell him to go early. See ya then! :)

LOL aefibird. Na, we are not training that day. Just watching/helping ;) BUT it will give me a "boost" of energy LOL.

Laurie F

I can probably out-snob most coffee snobs.

I started drinking coffee during my senior year as a undergraduate. At that point in time, a bottle of Coke simply didn't have enough punch. While I enjoy drinking Coke, I don't like the idea of dumping in that much sugar on a consistent basis. At that time, whatever cheap coffee grounds I could get, be it Folgers or Hills Brothers, was fine.

When I started graduate school, my tastes got a bit more expensive, and I would buy whole bean coffee, only grinding them before brewing. Towards the end of my graduate school days, I would buy raw beans, and roast them myself, filling the neighborhood with the wonderful aroma of roasting Colombian beans.

When I was a postdoctoral fellow, I took the snobbery to another level, and consistently roasting raw Colombian and Jamaican Blue Mountain beans, in a 70/30 ratio. Blue Mountain beans are awfully expensive, but worth it.

The coffee drinking continues to this day, one 10 ounce mug in the morning, maybe another half mug in the late morning, and one mug in the late afternoon, so that I can get that extra energy in time for Karate classes, whether I'm taking the class, or teaching the class.