• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do you still remember and practice the early kata?

baronbvp

yeah, i havent broken a toe, but late in the work day when you take that 315 , 10 minute bathroom break..and we're all guilty of it. you can go through at least the basic pattern.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh we have private bathrooms with only 1 toilet in them.

so i can go in there, lock the door and be good to go with no one bothering me. there are 6 different ones throughout the shop.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

We get our first Kata at Purple Belt (White, Yellow, Orange, Orange-Stripe, Purple) and then get a new one at each belt, not including the stripes between them. You pretty much have to practice your old ones because if they don't improve or you forget them, you'll be in trouble at belt promotions.

I used to work in a building that had an empty tenant space in one part of it. I managed to get a key to the area, and would go there on my lunch/breaks and practice kata. One nice aspect of this was that the space had a uniformly laid 1' quare tile floor. Using the grid created by this as a reference and occasional spot-check guide, by stances got quite a bit more polished.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

I used to work in a building that had an empty tenant space in one part of it. I managed to get a key to the area, and would go there on my lunch/breaks and practice kata. One nice aspect of this was that the space had a uniformly laid 1' quare tile floor. Using the grid created by this as a reference and occasional spot-check guide, by stances got quite a bit more polished.

Lucky you I wish i had something like that! I have nowhere to train for kata outside of the dojo and my wife insists on having furniture in every room of the house :roll: so I have nowhere to practice kata at home either.

Food for thought. :D

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

]

Lucky you I wish i had something like that! I have nowhere to train for kata outside of the dojo and my wife insists on having furniture in every room of the house :roll: so I have nowhere to practice kata at home either.

furniture can be moved. do you not have a backyard or garage, or driveway? even if you cannot perfomr the kata as you would at 100% as far as power, speed, proper spaceing, etc. you can stil go through the basic patterns in minimal space. i'm ure your wife would unerstand if a piece of furniture is moved for an hour. mine does.