• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

SPRING BREAK !!!!! WOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I had spring break two weeks ago... when it was still cold.. when I get back to school? Sure enough, 50's all this week :kaioken:! (You would think that we would get spring break in spring!)Oh well :P I had a good break, watched my hometown basketball team in our first ever state tournament (took 6th).

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

You guys are lucky! I'm home schooled and I don't get spring break :(

I was, too. :) But, that's actually better because we get to choose when we get our break, rather than having it predefined. ;)

I guess thats true Patrick, I get days off here and there that nobody in public school gets.Plus my schedual is realy flexible.Okay I'm cheered up now :).

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

I know that this is a little off topic...

..but when you're home-schooled in the USA do your parents teach you or do you have to get a special private tutor in to do it?

Anyway, I had a great Easter break weekend - it ws one long whirl of cleaning, cooking, training and looking after the pets. :P

Seriously, I had a great time and I hope you all did/do too.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My mom teaches me most of the time, but when I'm having trouble with my math we hire a private tutor.

For the most part in the USA home-schooled means your parents are teaching you.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

Yeah, generally it means parents.

There is curriculum. You choose your curriculum (having the freedom to choose your own curriculum is a good thing) and do your work. I actually kept most to myself without my Mom for the last few years (high school). Just didn't need anyone really. Was pretty self sufficient.

And, of course, if I hadn't been homeschooled, there really wouldn't be a KarateForums.com. Or a KarateForums.com with me running it, that is. :)

Woo homeschooling! I taught myself mostly after my parents taught me the basics...reading, writing, arithmetic...you know.

Now I'm in a private high school...not because I didn't love homeschooling, but just because it was a great opportunity for higher learning than my parents could offer (AP English and language courses wouldn't be the same at home), and it exposed me to some great colleges. Homeschooling was nice though because it was so flexible.

Back to the topic: I was sick with mono for spring break. No fun to be had there. Although my family did move in to a new house, so that was nice :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• 5 weeks later...