• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
He's called Dave and I'm a 3rd Gup thanks. You're a 5th Dan. Wow.

Juan.

Just "Dave"...???

Like "Cher" or "Pink",...???

or does he have a last name???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

3rd Gup, that's great... that means your like 9 mos to a year from 1st Dan...

By the way, don't be that impressed by rank,... it's mostly a question of having trained a long time and worked hard. You'll get there too as long as you don't quit... Most of the Masters I know (at least the ones who have had their rank a while) are the most humble people that you want to meet,... outside of teaching that is,...

Are you guys in a Federation???

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

Hi,

I'm not so comfortable with the 20 questions welcome. I would rather not bring my instructor or acadamy into things. I don't do politics. I just want to talk about martial arts and TSD.

Mark Kerr, the famous NBH fighter, is not related to me I don't think. And I'm nothing like him physically unfortunately.

Juan.

Hey juan...don't worry too much about the qustions, it's just to get an idea of where you're coming from, how much we have in common with you, etc...

you don't need to feel pressured to answer anything you don't want to.

I tend to avoid telling much about myself as well...

..but just for the sake of an intoduction...

I am a 4th Dan with the World Tang Soo Do Association, under Jae Chul Shin. I'll leave it at that.

And Master powlette is right about the rank thing...it just takes time, and a WHOLE lot of persistence. I'm at the level I am because I didn't quit, when a lot of my peers did....so keep training. The rank is a by product of your dedication, perseverance, and knowledge you obtain with time.

Edited by TangSooGuy

Welcome Juan, I'm a Cho Dan in Tang Soo Do, after I got my 3rd gup it took me about a year, maybe, to get here. You are not that far off, keep it up!!

:karate:

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist