• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I Looove Cadbury Cream Eggs!

UsagiYojimbo

ya! and the hersey's mini Oh Henry bars...and peanut butter Oh Henry bars!!

only out at easter time though

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man now im all hungry... :lol:

anyone remember the old cadbury cream egg commercials that had all the different animals with the rabbit ears??

years ago...

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

Yikes! Doesn't chocolate kill dogs?

Dogs are sensitive to a class of chemicals called methylxanthines. Caffeine and theobtomine are members of that family. Dogs simply cannot metabolise and excrete methylxanthines as efficiently as humans. So the 'poisions' keep recycling through the animal.

The lethal dose of sweet milk chocolate for a dog is 2 oz per kill gram of bodyweight. For a 5 kilogram dog this would be about 280 grams. A lethal dose of milk chocolate for a 25 kilogram would be about 1.4 kilograms. Dark chocolate is at least 10 times as lethal. A 25 kilograms dog could die from the methylxanthines in 5 ounces.

Another way of looking at it is by using a 100 mg/kg as the toxic dose; it comes out roughly as:

1 ounce per 1 pound of body weight for Milk chocolate

1 ounce per 3 pounds of body weight for Semisweet chocolate

1 ounce per 9 pounds of body weight for Baker's chocolate.

Symptoms include vomiting, hyperactivity, restlessness, hypersensitivity to touch ( a dog will jump when touched) very rapid heartbeat and rapid breathing rate, and diarrhea 12-24 hours after ingestion. Also a loss of control of leg muscles, muscle tremor seizures, general weakness, coma and finally death follow.

There is no specific antidote for this poisoning. And the half life of the toxin is about 18 hours. Induce vomiting in the first 1-2 hours if the quantity is unknown. Administering activated charcoal may inhibit absorption of the toxin. An anticonvulsant might be indicated if neurological signs are present and needs to be controlled. Oxygen therapy, intravenous medications, and fluids might be needed to protect the heart.

I had a Shelty that survived eating one of my kid's Easter bunnies, so you never know if you'll get lucky or not.

Back on subject... I like chopping up chocolate eggs and sprinkling it in my Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream. My doctors hates when I do that! :brow:

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

did you know that at mcdonald's at easter time you can get cream egg McFlurry?!! now those are good!! i'll have one of those anytime!

Oh my gods, you've finally found a reason for me to go to McDonald's! Must.. try...

Oh, and thanks for the info on dog poisons.

did you know that at mcdonald's at easter time you can get cream egg McFlurry?!! now those are good!! i'll have one of those anytime!

Yes, those things are absolutely scrummy.

Somehow, I seem to visit McDonalds more when they sell Creme Egg McFlurrys. I can't think why... :P

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My school advisor gave me my first Cadbury egg for my birthday last year (my birthday usually falls around Easter)...it was soooooooo sweet! I don't think I'll be eating any more anytime soon. I do like peanut butter eggs, though...and that McFlurry thing sounds good.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Who would have thought that you would get two pages of replies about cream eggs! :lol: :lol:

They sell them in 6 packs, I couldn't eat 3 without feeling sick and swearing not to eat them for a while, When I have forgotten what they taste like!

What is the KF cream egg record? Mine is 2

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

I cant even remember what they taste like-i'll have to pick sum up...before its too late!

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."