• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bujinkan Ninjutsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Not off the top of my head, but google is always the best place to go for searching, especially for other websites.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Bujinkan Ninjutsu is the name currently used by Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi to represent his school of Ninjitsu. Do an internet search on him and you will find that he's the 'father' of modern Ninjitsu (directly decended from a Ninja line and 34th Soke of the Togakure Ryu). Hatsumi is, in fact, the current Soke of nine different schools of Ninjutsu. He brought them all under one umbrella through the Bujinkan.

Dr. Hatsumi holds black belts in several arts, including judo, karate, kendo, aikido and jojutsu, and has studied such western arts as boxing.

He is grandmaster of the following nine schools of the Bujinkan:

# Togakure Ryu Ninpo Happo Hiken, 34th Grandmaster

# Gyokko Ryu Kosshijutsu Happo Hiken, 28th Grandmaster

# Koto R yu Koppojutsu Happo Hiken, 18th Grandmaster

# Shinden Fudo Ryu Dakken Taijutsu Happo Hiken, 26th Grandmaster

# Kukishin Ryu Taijutsu Happo Hiken, 28th Grandmaster

# Takagiyoshin Ryu Jutaijutsu Happo Hiken, 17th Grandmaster

# Kumogakure Ryu Ninpo Happo Hiken, 14th Grandmaster

# Gyokushin Ryu Ninpo Happo Hiken, 21st Grandmaster

# Gikan Ryu Koppojutsu Happo Hiken, 15th Grandmaster

The official Bujinkan site doesn't have a lot to say - but, you can at least see the 'guidelines' for Bujinkan participation here: http://www.bujinkan.com/guidelines.htm

The South African site is pretty good for info (it's in English). You can find it here: http://www.bujinkan.co.za/ it has pretty much everything. About Hatsumi, Brief History of Ninjutsu, Grades etc.

Hope that helps but, again: a google search on Hatsumi himself is probably the best way to go....

-V-

More than 200 pictures of Kyokushin technique.

Kata outlined step by step.

https://www.kyokushinbudokai.org (Homepage)

Diary of a Full Contact Martial Artist (Diary)

I have just started learning this style. I used google to search for info and classes in my area.

"There are no limitations only plateux, and once you reach them you must not stay there."

--Bruce Lee

I have heard of it but I know little on the subject. Venrix is more useful to you.

I have heard of it and know some about it, making me slightly more useful than Taku-Shimazu but nowhere near as useful as Venrix.

Normally, that would be followed by a smilie, but I find them over-used and sometimes pretty annoying. :P

Dang. They really are everywhere...

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

Neither of you answered his question with anything relative so you're both pretty worthless to him :P

And in that same fashion, all I have to offer is this question: Isn't this the style you can get a black belt video course in from Master Richard Van Donk?

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if there's any katas involved with Bujinkan? I haven't seen it in action, nor do I know much about the training and "visual" aspect of it.

There's a place that teaches it here, and I'm looking into it.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

Well I took a demo class with a third dan in this art...he called it Budo Taijutsu but I think its the same art. They had forms like kata but they werent like kata. The were just 2 or three moves strung together.

Long Live the Fighters!

Yeah, apparently Bujinkan is just another style of Budo Taijutsu, and with a solid background it seems.

As I do more research, I'm beginning to see some major similarities between Budo Taijutsu and Japanese Jujitsu.

Does anyone actually train in Budo Taijutsu, and is it very similar to Japanese Jujitsu? If so, how does it differ?

I don't want to take an art that I'm basically already taking, but with weapons. :P

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden