Seagal and the Jiu Jitsu connection

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Willannem, you know what they say "dont believe everything you see on tv"...

Andrew

True enough, but Court TV involves actual cases with real defendants, lawyers, judges, juries, procecuters, etc.

The only thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

tv exists for it's own evil doing and undoing.

Seagal, he's authentic. He just got tangled up in all the hype. Just like van damm, and in many cases Bruce Lee as well.

It's hard to remain a martial artist and devote time to trying to make money as an actor as well.

Something takes a hit. A loss.

Aikido is jujutsu. Just implemented differently, and for different reasons.

In regards to the Martial Arts, it would be the evolution of jujutsu, whereas judo is a step backwards.

Aikido is a Japanese Internal art, so many concepts will overlay with that of Taijiquan.

:)

Those are my thoughts for the moment.

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

There was also a tad bit of kelly lebrock juice as well.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

HI everyone! First post. Just wanted to say this is a great website!

But I do want to know something. Being a big movie buff and a Seagal fan, would you consider the style he uses in his films to be more jiu jitsu oriented? I do realize he is a master of aikido bt the way. I was just wondering if his style emphasizes more brutaliity or what. IM sure lots of it have to do with being 'movie-fu' but, just wondering what yopu guys think, as I always have heard that ju jitsu was usually considered the more combat and 'self defense' style art.

I also watch Steven Seagal's movie and most of his movies are basically Aikido techniques. I am certatin that Steven Seagal holds the rank of 7th Dan Black Belt in that discipline. However, he had also learned "Kenjustsu" and "Jujitsu". But I am not certained what ranked he had on that two discipline. As I have noticed, he still prefers to use Aikido as his core techniques in almost all of his movies. The quickest throws and locks are evident on his moves, without going into the ground.