Seagal and the Jiu Jitsu connection

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Seagal is a good Aikidoka with a bad attitude to life. He's beaten his wives (Fujitani Miyako & kelly Lebrock) , cheated on them and sexually harrassed young actresses too. He has also been linked to organized crime. He's seen as rather a joke in Japanese budo circles.

Click on the link below.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/scams/steven_seagal/index.html

Regards,

-Steve Delaney

The methods of war become the methods of peace.

Steven Seagal is a good Aikidoka with a bad attitude to life. He's beaten his wives (Fujitani Miyako & kelly Lebrock) , cheated on them and sexually harrassed young actresses too. He has also been linked to organized crime. He's seen as rather a joke in Japanese budo circles.

Click on the link below.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/criminal_mind/scams/steven_seagal/index.html

Yea, the mob financed his movies in the old days.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bet you most of that is rumors, nobody can say much unless they have actually talked to Steven Seagal in person. that website, I would almost guarentee is a fake, and if its not, can you prove it to me? And the mob thing... LOL... come on guys lets get real, not trying to argue or anything but just think, let it swirl around a bit...lol > still laughing on the mob thing right now.. sigh

Andrew :lol:

"Who Dares, Wins"

The Aikido that Steven Seagal taught was a particularly severe, combatative style of Aikido. The Aikido that he uses and teaches is designed to be applicable and effective for the street conflict. He uses alot of powerful techniques that simply do not look the same as most other Aikido masters... it could partly be due to the fact that he's a big guy at 6'4" with huge hands, etc., and could partly be due to the fact that when he first started out in Japan, he had to be better than everyone else to get the same respect. His Aikido is severe and brutal... more so than many others that you will see taught. If you train with Seagal, you will get punched in the face if you don't avoid it, you will get choked, etc.... He teaches a very practical and combative form of Aikido....

... Of course, some of his more recent movies do include alot of fantasy "Hollywood martial arts" techniques....that can't be avoided, once the Matrix came out, and Crouching Tiger, etc., peolpe simply expect people to be flying around with wires, etc... Personally, I think it kind of killed martial arts movies in many ways... before Ong Bak came out.... it's nice to see someone actually doing something, and not just playing stuntman and wire tricks. These days, Hollywood can teach anyone to "fake" being an accomplished and believable martial artist. They just choreograph a fight sequence, teach it to you, and you and the other actor practice that sequence of events for a few months until you can do it in your sleep. There's a difference between Jet Li with wires on and Keannu Reeves with wires on, but not much difference on the screen. You can teach Hayden Christensen and Ewan McGregor to learn a choreographed sword fight and it will look awesome, but could they hold their own in a sword fight with Sho Kazugi.... I prefer my movie martial arts done by martial artists, not actors and dancers. Anyway....

If you're reaching for the stars, don't be satisfied with touching the ceiling.

Personally, I don’t see the point of creating a combat form of Aikido. It kind of goes against what Aikido was created to do. There’s already a form of combat Aikido and it is call’d Aiki-jujutsu. Of course, that’s just my observations.

As far as Steven Seagal’s movies are go; his earlier ones are definitely much better than his current ones as far as I’m concern’d. Although he is better known for his Aikido, I don’t recall him ever announcing he’d only use Aikido prior to breaking limbs (I used to laugh with hysteria when people were lining up to get the snot beat out of 'em). Now, his moves are all about camera angles and such. I even saw him do a Capoeira move in ‘Exit Wounds’ (The same one move I've watch'd people steadly add to their katas, no matter their art). I just shook my head in disappointment.

that website, I would almost guarentee is a fake, and if its not, can you prove it to me? And the mob thing... LOL... come on guys lets get real, not trying to argue or anything but just think, let it swirl around a bit...lol > still laughing on the mob thing right now.. sigh

Andrew :lol:

The website isn’t fake. It is Court TV’s online medium.

The only thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.