• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Seagal and the Jiu Jitsu connection

shogeri wrote:

In regards to the Martial Arts, it would be the evolution of jujutsu, whereas judo is a step backwards

What do you mean exactly? I don't understand what you mean?

I'd like to knwo the answer to this one...

Aikido is one form of jujitsu which tries to inflict no damage on the attacker- however, i think it looks at the attacker as someone who would give up after being outmaneuvered.

Judo however, is a development of Jujitsu where the practitioner can practice most of the moves without the risk of serious injury of traditional jujitsu techniques.

Judo is not a step backwards, just a step into more practical moves.( you can practice all moves repeatedly)

Jujitsu, on the other hand, has techniques just a bit more devastating and practical- why fight your oponent for a while if you can finish the fight by controlling and hitting your opponent in quick movements.

the 3 are very useful styles, each as valid as the next

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shogeri, I'm not sure how you classify evolution for aikido and regression for judo.

There a couple of major reasons why the various ryuha of jujutsu have been cut down to their sparse existance. Judo is a big one.

Judo did not bring much new to the martial arts as Kano created it from his jujutsu experience. Even his incorporation of full resistance training was not new. He did however modify and incorporate that method across the teachings of judo. That combined with mutual benefit and maximum efficiency make judo greater than the sum of it's parts.

Even BJJ which is based off judo has helped quash jujutsu in the west where they surived after being antiquated in Japan.

• 1 month later...