• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reasons for martial arts training.

What are your main reasons for participating in the martial arts? Is it purely your passion and dedication for the art per se? Is your main reason purely a health and fitness aspect? Maybe self-defence? Or perhaps you feel that it is a way of life for you? Or is there a completely different reason?

I would be very interested to hear your comments.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, I've always been intrested in the culture and philosophy of martial arts and I believe MA's promote a good outlook on life. (humbleness honour, integrity).

Another big factor is the fitness aspect... and the fact I really enjoy it.

(I've tried lifting weights, running, other sports, but MA's is the only one I've stuck with)

The self defence aspects are nice, but minor, as I've never been in a life threating situation and doubt I will be.

So yeah, mainly it's good for a workout and keeps my life balanced, which ain't always easy... heheh.

Some great reasons.

It's interesting that you see the self defence aspect as nice, but minor.

As a point of interest, my experience as an instructor indicated that most of my potential students were predominantly interested in the self defence aspect of the martial arts.

honest answer?

mostly it's cos i thought it would be cool to learn something like that.

pretty much the same reason why i learnt other things like close-up card magic tricks, diablo 'juggling', proper cocktail making (although i've yet to actually study and take a mixology test) and a whole host of other little things.

i think mixed into that would be that i thoguht it would be fun and that i'd enjoy it.

underlying all that is a personal sense that i should.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Eh?? I've already started a thread for this in this forum.... :-?

-V-

Thread Name: List Your Motivations for Martial Arts Training

http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=18767

More than 200 pictures of Kyokushin technique.

Kata outlined step by step.

https://www.kyokushinbudokai.org (Homepage)

Diary of a Full Contact Martial Artist (Diary)

My mum got me in to MA to get me off the street and stop smoking drugs and hanging about with the wrong people. and it worked

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Too many reasons... All you can think of how bout that? :)

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant