• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Anyone knows Joshinmon?

Olivier

Hello everybody!

Does anyone know Joshinmon Shorin Ryu?

Before I started shotokan, i was practicing Joshinmon Shorin Ryu. The style's founder is Hoshu Ikeda.

Olivier

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hello everybody!

Does anyone know Joshinmon Shorin Ryu?

Before I started shotokan, i was practicing Joshinmon Shorin Ryu. The style's founder is Hoshu Ikeda.

Olivier

Prior to your post, I've never heard of it. There's not a whole lot on Google about it. My bud Shorin Ryuu will no doubt post something, and he's the most knowledgable guy on this forum IMHO about different systems, especially Okinawan systems.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I know about it.

It's a spinoff style of Shorinji-Ryu Renshinkan (that is founded by Isamu Tamotsu, student of Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan's founder, Zenryo Shimabukuro) that is founded by Ikeda Hoshu who parted from Renshinkan in 1960's.

Ikeda Hoshu's Joshin-mon is a legitimate Japanese school of karate. It's characteristics are pretty much same as Renshinkan's - kata list comes from Kyan Chotoku's tradition (Sukunaihayashi) and technique-wise it differs from Itosu-line of Shorin-ryu a bit.

Jussi Häkkinen

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu Seibukan Karate-Do (Kyan Chotoku lineage)

Turku

Finland

Every day I learn about a new style! This place is amazing.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Two years in a row this school has won first and second place in mens open weight contest, in my country

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

Wow, you guys sure are knowledgeable!

Yes, indeed, my So-Shihan is Hoshu Ikeda. Impressive guy indeed.

It's sad that i can no longer practice Joshinmon Shorin Ryu, because i moved, but the dojo i go to right now is quite good too!

Ah well. This forum is amazing =)

• 6 months later...

Hello,

I am a second degree black belt in the style of Joshinmon shorin ryu. I have studied many styles and I have to say that this one is the most dynamic and most incredible. I learned in Miami, and had many seminars with Sochihan Ideda.

My sensei is Felix Puga. Joshinmon has enriched my life and I recomend anyone to learn.

Email me if you wish to know more.

Are you still practicing Joshinmon?

• 1 year later...