• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Handicapped/disabled martail artists

Okay, I finally found a small online group of handicapped martial artists. Many of whom are invovled in TDK. And of course I recommended that they all visit this site.

One is specifically looking for a bit of reasearch. Some one getting ready for her 2nd degree black belt Kickchick. I hope she comes in and finds you. :nod:

It has been a very difficult thing to find information in the area of disability and martial arts. I think those who are involved are usually in integrated settings and do the same things as there able bodied class mates. The way I came through.

I really hope a few of them come in and look around. I think this is one of the most open sites I have seen. And a place where anyone can quickly become part of the group.

Sai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I used to teach martial arts to a group of mixed disability children - ranging from Down's children, Spinabifida, all sorts of stuff.

If I can be of any help I will galdly contribute.

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

I'd be glad to help out in any way I can Sai! I unfortunately have been sidetracked in my training (concentrating primarily on speed breaks and plyometrics for jump kicking) ... my kids and their activities have taken precedent over training in the last couple weeks (although I attend class twice a week and teach).

I'll keep a look out! It would be nice to also have their input too!

I must say that I probably learned more from them than they learned from me.

Every time I don't feel like training - or I have an injury and don't feel quite up to it - I think of those kids & how they gave me 100% despite having such a hard hand to play in life - inspiring!

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Sai, people like yourself are an inspiration to others without a disibility. It is a pleasure to read

your posts and insight as well as everyone else.

Im sure they will enjoy this site. :up:

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

My brother Mike, who currently holds the same rank as I do, is autistic, very mild, but he still has a very hard time listening to authority. martial arts, without a doubt, have strengthened his social skills and have also instilled a great amount of discipline into him.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Wow Three60 that is really interesting. I bet it is hard for him sometimes with all the noise that can be involved in training.

I think we all gain much from our training. Just it is easier to see in some than in others.

On 2002-02-10 08:12, SaiFightsMS wrote:

Wow Three60 that is really interesting. I bet it is hard for him sometimes with all the noise that can be involved in training.

I think we all gain much from our training. Just it is easier to see in some than in others.

Yes, noises are hard, and he is afraid to fight most of the time...while most people get bruised ribs from training, he gets a bruised back :pony: But he's doing wrestling at school now and is getting MUCH better.

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!