• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

computer brands

taiji fajin

What brand of computer do you use?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of computer do you use?

• Apple
    • Compaq
    • Dell
    • Fujitsu
    • Gateway
    • Hewlett-Packard
    • IBM
    • Sharp
    • Sony
    • Self Made/Other

What brand of computer does everyone use? If you use more than one, just put down your preferred computer (that you use, not what you want). Please only vote once.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't put a choice for home-built machines for guys like me. You should add that. It would be interesting to see how many people have built their own machines and opposed to buying a brand name.

For now, hardware of choice:

CPU - P4 HT

Graphics - ATI

HDD - Seagate SATA

ah, you're right. I knew I was forgetting something. I was going to put "self made" and "other." Sigh. Know any way to change it? Hitting edit wouldn't let me do it

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

Whatever my dad buys

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I have home made my machine from parts. I do not usually purchase from the big companies as they tend to be too proprietary.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Poll updated. You update a poll by editing the first post, going down to poll options, entering a choice, pressing add and then submit after refresh. We only allow for 10 poll options, at this time, so I went with Self Made/Other.

At any rate, my PC (main one) is an HP. My laptop is a Compaq. I am a pretty loyal user of HP/Compaq products and I own a little bit of stock in them, as well.

My home PC is Packard Bell.

I don't have a laptop, but I'm looking into getting an Apple iBook - anyone own one?

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

My brother helped me make my own PC, using a mixture of spare parts he had (he's a compsci major, he has desk drawers full of random parts and software), and things we ordered out of a wholesale parts catalog. I have a really nice computer for under $400!! It suits my needs well, since I don't do a lot of gaming or watch DVDs or anything. Basically I can word process, use spreadsheets, photoshop, play my music (and the memory is big enough to store all of it), and play flash games from ... um... *cough*neopets*cough*. It all runs quickly and has never given me any problems. Plus it looks like an outdated piece of crap, so nobody wants to steal it from school :lol:

And of course, if I become simultaneously ambitious and rich, there's lots of room to update. :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.