• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Do blocks really work?

Shorin Ryuu,

I don't actually need reminding that '...most street fights involve [two] UNTRAINED fighters...' I am well aware of this.

You are of course correct in your assumptions regarding '...most schools only train to fight another trained fighter...' However, I think that this is changing, and more and more schools are realizing the necessity to include adapted techniques for use in the street.

I actually didn't say that, swdw did...if you disagree with that statement, take it up with him, not me...

When I said "this is a pretty important point" I wasn't referring to his reminder to you, nor was I emphasizing the part about schools training to fight other martial artists specifically. I was merely saying that traditional styles (like what you and I take) were always designed to fight on the street and always trained that way.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It all depends on the person I'd say. I wouldn't always choose a block in every situations...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant