• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

kicking question..

osuperu

hey thanks for the advice..yea..im doing some of those exercises as we speek!..i guess i wont kick too hard in the begining..haha..i think i always have a problem with trying to run..before i walk....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Like some one else said you can practice with a bag ,but if you don't have one ,you can do it against a wall or with what cusion or some thing .

i remember as a junior kyu grade watching master Masao kawasoe in crystal palace course constantly hitting the wall with the ball of the foot with powerful round house kicks and I was wondering how does he not damage his toes ! but with practice the toes uncounsiously tilt back and the ball of the foot hits the target.

never give up !

hey thanks again...also i didnt want to make another post but i usually work out 5-6 days a week and for a strength and size method (high wieght less reps)...but shouldnt i tone down my weight lifting and do a lot less wieght, so as to work on stamina and joints/tendons?.and i cycle in ceatine every other 3 months...im supposed to take it now...but im kinda thinking that it would make me too slow and/or bulky. anybody also to a lot of weight trainign?

You are quite right, too much bulk can really slow down techniques. How much is too much, though? To some extent, it does boil down to personal physiology. As long as you maintain a simultaneous stretching program, you should be able to put on some muscle mass, and not seriously hinder your speed. Use the stretching routine as a gauge of how much the mass is getting in the way. If you start having trouble doing some of the stretches that used to be easier, you have hit the limit. Be conscious of the exteme limits of your flexibility, so that you can detect gradual losses in that area.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

Yes ,weight training is good but to supplement your karate , you must do more reps of 12-15 and light weights acoarding to your body weight . you do not need big byeseps ,they are good if you want to lift some thing or pull things towards you ,as in karate we push energy out , so tricep muscles are more important ,so are the muscles in the back of your leg and foot .in simple terms we need long and streched muscles which have speed and stamina.

never give up !

Hmm, I wonder...anyone do plyometrics...know if that would help train legs for kicking?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

It is a type of exercise using explosive movements to develop muscular power, esp. bounding, hopping, and jumping. Many use it for teaching kids, but it is quite good to help develop some good energy.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu