• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Huh Earn Black Belt at home??

"

Looking forward to my 35th degree Black Belt,

Mr. Zippy"

sorry but 35th degree black belts are sold out at the moment

Fine, I'll just pay the extra $175, and go right to 36th degree, under the "Monday Internet Special" program.

Unfortunately, I think things of this nature cheapen the Martial Arts in general, and injure the credibility of legitimate instructors. The general public, perhaps those looking to start an MA program, will get a badly skewed idea of training from this sort of promotional material.

Sickening.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad indeed.

Unfortunately, though, many folks don't realize that it takes years of training, and conditioning (both physical and mental) to get to that echelon that they had hoped to achieve. There's simply no substitute for experience and conditioning.

Furthermore, they also don't realize that the "one size fits all" aspect just might not be for them.

As long as there are impatient people out there, there will be a market for this guy's wares.

i actually had the displeasure to spar a guy who said he learned from books and movies.

i hit him once and he covered up and backed away. then he said that in a real fight he would win because he knows killing moves. lol poor guy

Fist visible Strike invisible

i actually had the displeasure to spar a guy who said he learned from books and movies

LOL yes! I spent 5 years in front of a tv studying the ancient masters (Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Steven Segal) and now I will travel the world with my newfound skills and defeat the people who have 20 years of legitimate training!

:roll:

it'll work, trust me

*Gi-Yu-Jin-Rei-Makoto-Meiyo-Chugi*

"Life in every breath..."

"That is...Bushido."

"Hai."

"

Looking forward to my 35th degree Black Belt,

Mr. Zippy"

sorry but 35th degree black belts are sold out at the moment

Fine, I'll just pay the extra $175, and go right to 36th degree, under the "Monday Internet Special" program.

Unfortunately, I think things of this nature cheapen the Martial Arts in general, and injure the credibility of legitimate instructors. The general public, perhaps those looking to start an MA program, will get a badly skewed idea of training from this sort of promotional material.

Sickening.

Congratulations your are our one thousand 36th degree black belt holder, your prize is, you will be known as grandmaster (please wait for 2 weeks delivary of this certificate as there are more people buying these then we can make) and you will guest star in our video.

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

Man oh man we could keep running with this indefinitely.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I was burned by a "at home video" McDojo.

Just some dude trying to rip you off and get money. GO to a school and learn.

Good luck in your search.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

i actually had the displeasure to spar a guy who said he learned from books and movies.

i hit him once and he covered up and backed away. then he said that in a real fight he would win because he knows killing moves. lol poor guy

Hey! I want a rematch then! I didn't watch Enter The Dragon 47 times, AND read Chuck Norris' biography just to take crap from martial artists like you. Think yer so special because you "train" and have an "instructor". Phh...bet you can't learn your techniques and eat a sandwich at the same time like I can.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

LOL

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu