Huh Earn Black Belt at home??

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose a video/DVD training system where you send off a video of yourself performing techniques in order to be graded would be a good idea for those people living in remote communities. However, leaning a MA solely from a video/dvd series wouldn't be a good idea IMO. Even if you lived in the true middle-of-nowhere, you'd still need to have some interaction with a teacher/instructor.

Still, at least this 'get your blackbelt' system is better than some that I've seen - at least with this one you have to send in a video test for it in order to be declared worthy of a BB.

Some 'get your blackbelt at home' systems that I've seen advertised actually send you a BB and a certificate as soon as you purchase their videos/dvds! :o

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hey, consumer-do is very powerful! Don't knock the amazing (spending) power of practitioners of consumer-do!! :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I simply can't imagine not having our sempai, and sensai present to help refine technique of, and inspire the kyu ranks. They and the rest of the upper ranks are very generous and are true teachers at heart.

The "Only Native American Martial Arts Master" sends the belt immediately, forget his name. "Honor system"...you're a black belt before you even view the videos.

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Mr. Zippy....LOL :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

"Dear Master Villari,

I have enclosed the requested photograph of me breaking the required 1" pine board. Per your instructions, I attempted to bake the board, but my toaster oven proved to be too small! As you can see from the darkened lines on the board, in the picture, I used my BBQ, instead. I have also included the still shots of me performing the "Super-Ultra-Scientific-Automatic-Kill" techniques that your video showed me. Please ignore the fact that I appear as an asian man in the board-break, and caucsian in the latter example. It was a problem with the lighting.

Looking forward to my 35th degree Black Belt,

Mr. Zippy"

... No, I don't see any problems with BB by distance learning...

sorry but 35th degree black belts are sold out at the moment

Edited by jedimc
http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

Has anyone else seen these types of courses? Its seems really fishy i found a site that says its better than schools.....which is just wrong which is right here http://www.villari.com/

You think that is bad? Go to ebay.com and type in "martial certificate." Then type in "karate certificate." Try it and prepare to be sick.

I just tried it and came up with 20 results all selling black belt certificates for $6-20.

pressureguy

]===[------------------------>

http://www.backyardmartialarts.org

]===[------------------------>