• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Does anyone know of a good website to find information on local MA tournaments? I'm very interested in seeing one, and eventually competing if I like it. I'm open to pretty much anything now, just like to get a taste of it. TKD, or multi style, weapons or kata competition... I'm in Centre County, PA- actually Penn State. :P

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, if you're at Penn State, keep your eyes open for some collegiate tournaments held by other clubs from around the area. I know we hold a tournament at the U of Minnesota and we also travel to other colleges for their tournaments. That'd be a decent starting place to look, I'd think. :)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Well, if you're at Penn State, keep your eyes open for some collegiate tournaments held by other clubs from around the area. I know we hold a tournament at the U of Minnesota and we also travel to other colleges for their tournaments. That'd be a decent starting place to look, I'd think. :)
Thanks. I've been asking around and heard about one through the local Isshinryu club that's hosted by a TKD school.

:edit: just found a link for info

http://www.chaartkd.com/tournaments.html

A big flashing red link when I looked at the sight, and I ignored it at first. I guess that says something about being jaded to the internet. Or just ignoring the obvious :roll:

The rules seem a little limiting; no hits to the head, no blood. :P But at least you don't have to wear a helmet or chest protector. What is the usual entry fee for competitors? Does $35 for two events seem right?

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

It'd be more than I'd be used to, we usually see around $20 for two events... but I don't necessarily see it as completely unreasonable.. how big of a tournament is it?

[no blood?!? :o I'm shocked! :P]

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

Well, as long as you have no big problems with the price, I would recommend attending. I've only been to one tournament so far (second is in a week), but I found it a great learning experience. :)

- T. S. Eliot

http://www.karatetournaments.com/

that is the best sight i know of with tournaments dates, locations etc, click on your state.

If i had to choose between karate and everything else, I would choose karate so i could beat up whoever made me make the decision and have everything else