• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Mike Tyson learn Muay Thai

:o

So this marginally broke Ex-champ has to learn Muay Thai?

Information show that Thailand invited Mike Tyson to

learn Muay Thai and to prepare for champ of Muay Thai....

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah I've heard of it. I don't think he will do it though. It's like when he was supposed to fight in MMA competitions, this never happened. However, if he ever did learn some Muay Thai and competed to win I think he would fare quite well with his devestating punching power (although not what it used to be). One punch from him is all what's needed, especially against non-boxers who don't know all the intricacies of avoiding or blocking a boxing punch.

Well, it is prettey easy to see why the newly formed WBC Muaythai association is doing this. They need to market their new association and Tyson desperately needs the dole and both parties probably think that he can have some easy wins to make som money and to establish world wide interest for this new organisation, the sport in general and Tyson him self.

I think it is all good. This is what Muaythai needs. "Yes" anohter sanctioning body - but at the end of the day there is only one serious pro Muaythai sanctioning body anyway so one more is OK and we need to commercialize the sport in order to be able to live from it.

The Solution is here: AllProFighters.com

Tyson is a washed up has-been way past his prime. I doubt he'll follow through with this as his career is on lifesupport.

1. the avg washed up pro boxer still has better striking skills than ANYONE on this forum.

2. the avg washed up pro boxer has better hands than pretty much anyone in k-1 or any mma venue. you can't name one person in either who could out punch tyson now, or in his prime.

Tyson would DOMINATE in k-1 if he did it. You are right however, he likely won't do it. Not because "his career is on lifesupport" that's actually an argument FOR him to do it, because it means he's doing whatever he can to get money. However, at this point in time, he can make more money in boxing than k-1 - even if he loses the fight - which is why he will continue to box, as opposed to entering k-1.

1. the avg washed up pro boxer still has better striking skills than ANYONE on this forum.

I wonder how you can say this....??!!!!

2. the avg washed up pro boxer has better hands than pretty much anyone in k-1 or any mma venue. you can't name one person in either who could out punch tyson now, or in his prime.

Again I wonder but maybe it is because you don't know both sports. Boxers have DIFFERENT hand, body and foot work compared to Muaythai fighters. If you look at a Muaythai fight in the LIGHTEST division in Thailand (us westernes don't even have grown up men who is that light!) they KTFO each other like you NEVER see in boxing.

Please stop comparing two different styles just because they wear gloves in both disciplines.

I wonder how you can say this....??!!!!

I can say that because he is a professional boxer for goodness sake. washed up or not, an amateur or non-fighter will not have as well developed hands.

Again I wonder but maybe it is because you don't know both sports. Boxers have DIFFERENT hand, body and foot work compared to Muaythai fighters. If you look at a Muaythai fight in the LIGHTEST division in Thailand (us westernes don't even have grown up men who is that light!) they KTFO each other like you NEVER see in boxing.

Please stop comparing two different styles just because they wear gloves in both disciplines.

I know both sports. however, boxing is NOT a strong point of muay thai. much of the boxing seen was incorporated from western boxing. thais prefer elbows and knees. the punching is different than that of western boxing - they triangulate theirs more - but they do not punch as much, nor do they prefer it, in general.

Also, they knock eachother out because they don't move. Watch them fight - you will see very little head movement, very little slipping and ducking, etc. as they don't want to mess around and set themselves up to get kneed. consequently, the head is in the same spot, and they know where to punch. boxers have more head motion and for that reason are harder to score head shots on. their punching has to factor in this head movement, whereas thai training does not.

As for MMA, it's no secret that most of them aren't the best strikers around. the big thing with most of them is grappling. even the top strikers in that venue - silva, cro cop, etc. do not have as good hands as tyson.

All I am saying is:

Muaythai fighters are better Muaythai fighters than boxers,

Kickboxers are better kickboxers than boxers,

Boxers are better boxers than Thai- & Kickboxers.

Washed up boxer against a Muaythai fighter:

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=266BYOCYLQDO90ML0JEDKB4RPH

No need to get into the which style is the best. Any style at a high level is quality entertainment I think. I grew up watching boxing and got up really early to watch Tyson. Later on I discovered Muaythai and this is the sport I fell totally in love with. No need to disrespect any other style and I hope my posts didn't come across like that! :)

I don't think any one style is best - I actually 'preach' against that all the time. I'm speaking only on the quality of the hands of the boxer, not his overall skill. the only thing a boxer does is punch - he will have better hands than pretty much anyone else from another style. I wasn't trying to come off like I was making this into a style vs style debate - it's easy to get things twisted up like that over the interweb!

As for a washed up fighter, the term is relative, really. A washed up tyson is still better than 90% of the world. A washed up lesser skilled fighter however, is an entirely different story.