• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey, it works

Well, I've been reading a lot of the advice that instructors have been giving out from the time I started reading this forum. I had an opportunity to put it to some use the other day. Sensei asked me to go over Sanbon kumite (3-step sparring) with half the beginner's class (5 karateka).

As they had been doing this routine for a while now, ranging from 3 months to 12, I decided to emphasize that day's routine with some basics rather than merely going over the moves. I had them keep their chins up, make sure they had good stances and firmly-planted feet. Next, I had them forget ignore all of that and just focus on speed/power. Then I incorporated both...and they performed the techniques better. Finally we focused on maa (the distance) and I saw some major improvements with two of the students.

So, thank you everyone, your advice has worked. I am very happy that a place like this exists, and I hope this forum never shuts down. :)

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
So, thank you everyone, your advice has worked. I am very happy that a place like this exists, and I hope this forum never shuts down. :)

yeah this place is great ive learnt alot in the short time ive been here :D

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.