• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

new guy!...shotokan/kempo questions!..

osuperu

Is the dojo you're joining affiliated with the ISKF?

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

osuperu, I'm almost 21 now, and I've been in MA since 19. If you think you've found a good dojo, definitely stick with it. If you have a fairly large mirror around, and a little space, you can practice punches, blocks and kicks at home. I'm sure that if people see that you're putting effort and time into it, you'll feel at home in no time.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

Don't be too quick to call a school a Mcdojo. Unfortunately it is a comercial buissines and to keep things going, kids classes are necasary. Unless you find someone teaching out of their house, or in Europe they have clubs, you are going to find that there are alot of shools with Tiny Tiger classes. Judge the school more on the teachers ability to answer questions, and how he carries himself. If anything, ask some of the students as they come out of class about it.

Good luck in your training!

Be true to you're own path

hello all...thanks for the advice...to anwser some questions i chose the shotokan style, but only becuase of the instructors, and my gut impression of them both in the begining. i asked around some MA schools in my home town (eugen or) and they all gave great remarks for the two shotokan instrcutors (one teaches beginers and the other:advanced) Heres the website to the shotokan school in corvallis or, its pretty cut and dry...maybe you guys have heard of the instructors....but anywho. they are associated with some association...he told me but i guess i really did listen too well...it was japaneese association something...

http://www.corvalliskarate.com/

we can put links up right?