• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is it Just me.

Pogo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Oh, Pogo... I wish I could tell you, but since I've never seen that happen at my dojo, I can't. I don't think we have those shields.

P.S. I love your name; makes me think of the snack. :)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

yea, me and June1 go to the same school and she is right, we dont wear face shields. I guess you are right in a way that they MIGHT get hit more in the face coz it looks more protected :P

If I dont have it you don't need it!

I have seen a few competitions were they wear the head shields and alot of people got him in the face, and i have been a alot of traditional karate competitions and not as many got him in the face.

This is what i saw, sometimes the control would go out of the window as people were padded up and feel safe behind all the padding. ir was alot rougher.

It may have been the competitions which I have gone to, and seen the worse of it. I guess it is swings and rounderabouts.

:D

oliver willison

We usually just have groin protection, teeth protection, and a light kuckle-padding for the hands. But, we aren't full contact.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

We usually just have groin protection, teeth protection, and a light kuckle-padding for the hands. But, we aren't full contact.

face shields are for point sparring. For full contact, the only required padding is headgear, gloves and a mouthguard. Some people opt for shin guards and a but they aren't required. We don't use chest protectors either - they are a TKD convention.

Yes, they get hit more. I can't prove it, but they do. Listen: I never wore headgear and such. I never got hit in the head but a few light touches. I wore headgear and stuff at the tournament. I got a concussion from some kid a bit bigger than me punching my head full force. Twice. Both times I did all I could to get away from where the most power would have been in the punch, and succeeded. I still got a concussion. So, there's your answer.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

We don't use those but people probably do hit there more often because they don't have to fear hurting the person.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

What is up with all of the pads they make you weir at tournaments now a days I hate it esspesualy the chest protecter.

I agree.....especially in black belt divisions. Besides all the padding there are SOOOOO many rules on contact allowed so it's like a game of who can TOUCH, not hit, TOUCH, who first....it really pisses me off. I almost was disqualified from a match for "excessive contact" and "illegal" face contact against someone who was WEARING A MASK!!!!! I am someone who NEVER questions a senior black belt, but I looked at my center judge and was like "This IS the black belt division, right?" I hate the compitions my school goes to, so many rules.....it drives me CRAZY. I am done with my school's tournaments after this year.

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio