• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

... I'm just afraid of getting a big head, do any of you know how to aviod this? ...

:karate:

Yes, Remember that Black Belt is just the begining. You now are no longer a beginner, nothing more. Real learning starts after black belt... in a class filled with them, you'd be lining up last...

Nobody has to kiss your ... posterior ... In fact, if anything, you have more responsibility now to prove that you are not a beginner. You have to act more like an example of what Tang Soo Do is all about. If you get to stuck up about your rank,... remember,... a lot of us have been there before you, and your present knowledge is to a 2nd Dan what an orange belt is to you... Just think of what that is in relationship to the masters...

Knowledge is obtained in degrees. You just got your first one.

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congratulations! I'm down to 6 days now...can't wait to have the test behind me.

As far as a big head is concerned, I guess I've had the opposite happen. In the process of getting ready for the BB test, I've realized that although I believe I have a decent grasp of the basics, there's a ton about the martial arts that I still don't know.

Thanks Hammer, good luck on your test!!

:karate:

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!! I does feel good dosen't it! weat it well man. On another note, sorry guys, but my mom had the flash on and it ruined all the pictures! Congradulations and sorry everyone!!!

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

Congrats!!! :up:

I'm just afraid of getting a big head, do any of you know how to aviod this?

The first time a lower rank sees you wearing a black belt and ask you for help and you don't know the answer...that'll take care of any inflated ego. :lol:

Edited by Kicks

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

• 2 weeks later...