• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

In one of my previious topics I asked for advice on my black belt test. i also said that it was on April the seventh. I had my pre-test last thursday, and only half of us showed up so there were 3 in all. I went to class today, as with most other mondays, and much to my suprise he had us stand up and presented us with our belts! I could not belive it, I still can't!

I will post some pictures once get them devolped. Oh, and my parents knew since last friday it would be happing so that is how I got the pictures. in the picture it is only me and another girl. The other person was not able to show up tonight so he will get his on thursday. Alos in the pictures you will see that I am not wearing a black belt, it is half red/half black. This is what my instructor calls the probationary dan stage, it lasts 20 classes. I will get them devoloped as soon as possible for you all! Thanks for your advice!

:karate:

TANG SOO!!! & SEMPER FI!!!

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Congrats!!!

That's excellent... I'm excited for you. Black belt is a new begining. Get those 20 classes in as soon as possible.

Tang Soo!!!

Master Jason Powlette

5th Dan, Tang Soo Do

--Tang Soo!!!

Congradulations! Now the real fun begins!

Keep up the comitment and obviously great work!

"To win a fight without fighting, that is the true goal of a martial artist."

-Grandmaster Nick Cerio

Thanks for your congrantulations guys. I will be sure to get those classes out of the way soon, I'm still waiting on the pictures but I promise i will post them! And Master Stewart, I will be sure to wear wear it well. I'm just afraid of getting a big head, do any of you know how to aviod this? Once agian thanks.

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.

"Those who do not battle for their country do not know with what ease they accept their citizenship in America" Dan Beralis, Veitnam Jouranlist

I'm just afraid of getting a big head, do any of you know how to aviod this? Once agian thanks.

Congratulations! One thing we do at our school for all ranks is go down to one knee when putting on (and taking off) our belts. This is out of respect for the knowledge and what we put into earning that belt.

As a black belt, while on one knee, I will touch my folded belt to my head and say to myself, "Proper Mind" then to my lips and say, "Proper Speech" and finally to my chest and say, "Proper Heart." By doing this, I remind myself every time I put on my belt how to be a worthy Yudanja and not let it "go to my head."

Congrats again and I hope this helped.

Take care :)

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

Thanks Chris, it will help alot.

Dusty Sawyer,

Ee Dan, Tang Soo Do,

Young Marine Cpl.