• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

"Pop ups" (not sure of the name)

Exactly, I guess I should have said this earlier. The hands are helpful, but the main thing that does it is your legs and finding the point where they pull you up. It is not a muscle test to do a hand stand. If you have it down well enough, you can do it without hands (though this is generally harder and takes more time to learn).

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

er.... i can do it no hands too but i wouldn't recommend using your head/neck as a leverage point.

it doesn't take long to get right as once you do it right once, you'll know how it 'feels'.

it took me one night with a few cushions layed down on the floor when i was about 12 (all them many years ago....)

one more thing, if you're clonking your head on the floor after failing, you've got the movement wrong, hence the falling onto your head.

you should be tucking legs under and pivoting, not 'jumping'.

if you fail, you should be landing near the small of your back.

edit....

y'know, after typing this originally, it occured to me that i hadn't played with this for ages and wasn't actually sure if i could still do it.......

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

um, to tell you the truth, i really don't use my neck... at all, really, just as a reference point from when to stop rolling back. if you want to do it with no hands, put your hands on your legs and push them up and out as you're springing up. that's how i do it, anyway.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

i'm going to try it.

hopefully i can get it also. i'm 6'0, 215. heavily involved in weightlifting, not fat. like someone mentioned, if the Rock can do it, hopefully i can too

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

no, it dosen't, just some leg strength to spring up into the air, and some core strength to lean forward. it's as big a timing issue as anything.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 3 months later...

Not a movement I do myself.. there's better ways to stand up that don't involve throwing your face unprotected into an attack. Every time i've seen this movement done, someone popped off a thrust kick into the ballistic path of the kipper's upper body as they came up. It looks nifty though.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia