• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Master West Seminar

Hey, I just got back from the Master West Seminar in Jackson, Mississippi. It was mainly directed toward HapKiDo (which is what I study), but it also had masters from TSD and TKD. It was really an amazing seminar, I had a lot of fun. Dr. Kimm (who is the best HapKiDo practitioner in the world) was in attendence as well. Being such a popular seminar of the Korean arts, I was wondering if anyone else I gone too, and what they thought about it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hey, I just got back from the Master West Seminar in Jackson, Mississippi.

I missed it this year, but Master West throws one of the best International Hapkido Seminars here in the states. He gets top notch instructors from all over to come and share at his event. Master Geoff Booth from Australia, Master Timmerman from Canada just to name a couple. Even Dr. He Young Kimm stops in. It’s three days of great training, food and friends. NO attitude, all training.

One of the things that I loved about it was each class (or time slot) was about an hour or so and during each time slot he had 4 different teachers teaching different classes during the same time so you always had a choice of what to take. And what made it even cooler was the fact that you really had to choose wisely because there were great classes going on all the time.

I’m looking forward to getting back down there next year.

Take care :)

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu

I keep hearing Dr. Kimm talked about, but I've never had the chance to meet him. Wish I could have gone to this seminar and finally had a chance to see him. While he doesn't do kuk sool anymore, he use to, and I've just heard he is very good at jointlocking and other things. Oh well, maybe someday I'll get to practice with him.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

i paid 65 dollars to attend, plus hotel rent, food, and gas... It was overall about 250 dollars..

Definitely worth it. i got to meet Dr. kimm (i shook his hand!!) and Master West actually did a few techniques on me! i am going again this august. he holds the seminar every 6 months

I have been hearing about this since I started to go to Master Macs web site, I would like to try to attend.

Mike, it's a must!

It's a blast Bro. Good people, good training and good food. At first you may think... Oh, I have to get down to Mississippi, rent a hotel room, blah, blah, blah, BUT once you go, you'll say to yourself, " what was I worrying about" because it's so worth it.

Take care. :)

Chris LaCava

Jung Ki Kwan of Connecticut

"Man is born soft and supple,

in death he is hard and rigid..." LaoTzu