• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I don't assume to know very much about JKD ... but from what I studied and read about Bruce Lee, actual fighting was the best method of training. He believed that training based on repeating "set motions" was absolutely useless and ineffectual during actual fighting. Thus, he thought free sparring with protective gear took up a considerable amount of his training schedule.

He did believe in wearing appropriate protective gear when sparring. Lee also liked to spar many different types of opponents even those with absolutely no MA experience.a person not trained in the martial arts may actually be a more valuable sparring partner by providing an irregular fighting rhythm that may confuse a more superior opponent. It is Bruce Lee's opinion that, the best sparring partner is someone that is fast and powerful even if he does not have any knowledge of the martial arts. Someone who bites, scratches, and kicks with every ounce of his strength like a mad man can be the best sparring partner one can have.

• 4 months later...

thats very intersting and very true. "Someone who bites, scratches, and kicks with every ounce of his strength like a mad man can be the best sparring partner one can have."

• 9 months later...
Well watch Enter the Dragon, at the start BL spars with a guy (kicks his ass) :) it was full contact with nothing more than gloves, apparantly he sparred like that in real life.

"When my enemy contracts I expand and when he expands I contract" - Bruce Lee

yeh does anyone know more about that spar fight when that asian guy turned up at bruce lee house who thought bruce wasnt that good and they both held a challenge match in his backyard? i heard it was over in matter of minutes and the challenger gave up due to bruces exceptional skill, but what else happened?