• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yesterday, the head bjj coach gave us something... three huge, framed posters with photos of muay boran techniques. It shows flying heabutts, jumping punches and LOTS of other stuff. I've seen most of it before, but still, it's cool to have the techniques there to look at.

Why would a ju-jutsu coach give you thai posters when he's a grappler?Anyways about bando,I've heard it's similar to muay thai,but has more things in it like grappling.(don't know how much truth there was to that)

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Why would a ju-jutsu coach give you thai posters when he's a grappler?Anyways about bando,I've heard it's similar to muay thai,but has more things in it like grappling.(don't know how much truth there was to that)

1. he trains muay thai

2. he owns the school

his bjj is better than his thai boxing, and bjj is where his passion is, so he teaches the bjj classes. He's more than capable of teaching the thai classes though.

what you hear about bando is true, but as far as I know, all of the grappling is more stand up, not ground based. If you look into the older thai styles, you will find that also. And, if you look into krabbi krabbong, you will also find weapons training.

nah, they have an empty hand curriculum that goes with it. supposedly, there are over 100 techniques from old muay that are used in krabi krabong. Of those, like 30 are used in modern muay thai. This includes throwing and pressure points. However, there are thai schools today that will show you the throws which are legal in the ring.

indeed. thai boxing is the national sport of thailand. That is what you're most likely to find. any other thai style - krabi krabong, lerd rit, muay boran, will be harder to find because it's not really in demand. At the core of it all, the techniques are still the same though...

I have to disagree with you on saying that most chinese martial arts are useless.A lot of other styles came from chinese martial arts.You know why,because theyre great styles.There are a lot of showy movements in them,but they have hidden meanings behind them.Also theres some that have no fancy looking techniques,just look at wing chun.Speaking of wing chun,it's ancient and look how effective it is.Some of the police in europe are even required to learn it.You also have to be clear when you say that chinese martial arts are flashy.Because it's usually the northern styles that have those things,even then they still work great.Then there are the southern styles.These styles are usually close quarters styles with low kicks and some times barely any kicks.There's even a style that you can probably relate to.It's called San Da/San shou.This style is very similar to kickboxing,except that sweeps and throws are allowed,it's also full contact.Sure movies and games make it look showy,but that goes for any style.I'm not writing this to talk mess to you,just show you theres more to chinese martial arts than you think there is.You should look more into chinese martial arts to find out before you post something like that.

in exactly the same way aiki in japan overtook mma at that time ,aikido as a form of kung fu and all the other kung fu's are going to once again dominate the world .just look at chuck liddell .