• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Why no Shito Ryu?

Kyle23

Hey everybody, im a newbie. I think this is a really cool website, but when i was looking at the Karate topics i couldn't find any Shito Ryu topics. I was just wondering why cause thats my style. Is it less popular than Shotokan and Gojo Ryu and all the other Karate sub-styles? Just wondering.

Some of the greatest battles will be fought in the silent chambers of your soul.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Maybe it is because of the style's name :lol:

Seriously though, I live in London, Uk and make a habit of going to different MA schools - usually karate and kung fu - to watch the classes. This is for my own personal research. I have not been able to find Shito-Ryu nor some other lesser known styles of karate. If anyone can name a good Shito-Ryu dojo in the London area please do so. Any info will be appreciated.

Kung Fu Man

Only time and commitment will make your Traditional "style" good and give you real knowledge.

"Marry" your chosen system as opposed to just flirting with it.

Make it your partner for life and you will see how well and how complete it really is.

I do not know of Shito ryu dojo in your ereas but I will try to find out.I do know my instructor Kaneta Toshio has taught seminars in France I will try to find out where.

migi kamae,migi bo kihon ichi

• 3 weeks later...

I was a black belt in Shito Ryu and my dojo closed down. There were no more Shito Ryu dojo here so I tried Shukokai which comes from Shito Ryu. I didn't like that as much so I went (eventualy) back to Goju Ryu whcih I had studied for 2 years before my Shito Ryu.

No not much Shito Ryu around here, but I hear it's big in Europe.