• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most effective karate?

Little Dragon

Not meaning to make assumptions about anothers intentions, but I would take "Train Hard," to imply a reasonable amount of contact training in involved. I do not know of any styles which exclusively train without contact, although there are certainly instructors who do advocate this. Do not write off any style, based on the approach of a few, or even many instructors who do not teach it with a "Warrior Mindset." Tai Chi can be taught in a justsu form... it just doesn't look like what the name calls to mind.

One thing that I have always told students/seminar participants is "You will do under stress what you have trained to do while stressed." Push yourself in your training, making it both physically and emotionaly stressful, and you will usually find that your reactions later will mirror how you handled that experience.

"Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice."

M.A.S.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the kind where you can shoot fireballs, spnning arerial uppercuts, fatality's..oh i was getting confused with mortal Kombat. and street fighter...

just kidding. i think it boils down to the instructor as well as what everyone else has contributed. I am currently learning Shorin Ryu from my sensei. However he taught tae kwon do for 15 years. he was also a sniper drill instructor in the army, a heavy weight golden gloves boxer, and worked undercover in the police department for years. What I'm getting at is although he knew differnt types of martial arts, he had been in situations to prepare us for "street" situations as well as how to win tournements. 2 different type categories in my opinion. so..while seeking as which to find what the superior martial art is..my answer is all can be quite effective, but look into your sensei's background as well.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."