• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Orange Belt test

karatekid101

I had just recently took my Yellow Belt Test and I did not know how it would go. :-? . I past and I got my black stripe also! So next is my orange belt test. Does anybody have any hints for me?! :-?

KarateKid101

"The answers to life aren't in the back of the book"

- Charlie Brown

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

keep practicing, and doing what you've been doing. Don't worry about rank so much.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Good job on getting your yellow w/ a black stripe. You skipped. Keep everybody straight while we clean the floor... anyway, you probably wont die doing karate. Don't worry about it, I'm a good sempai to you and I wont let you get hurt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Well it gets more and more interesting and harder as ranks go up. You'll be fine. Just train constantly and you'll do well in all rank exams. Try not to get injured and sometimes take it slow so that you avoid injury. Read about your style (it's also mental, not only physical), try to imagine combinations and visualize your katas and stuff. Don't skip classes and work.

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'll probably be grading at the end of the month or at the beginning of April. I can't wait!!!!

Don't worry. My advice to you is what I, myself, plan to do-- PRACTICE!

Good luck! :)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Testing gets more demanding as your rank goes up and really there is not substitute for practice.

They like to tire us to the point of almost collapse then make us do our kata. Argument being if you really know the moves you will still be able to do them at the point of exhaustion, but if you don't you fall apart.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate