• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Taikyoku

karatekid101

Hello. I am a new member of this forum site, so if you please go easy on me, OKAY? Alright, back to the topic. When I had first joined Karate I had learned the Kata: Taikyoku. The first time I had learned it I was so confused :-?. But then I felt like I needed much more practice. I practiced some more and I felt like the Karate Kid :karate:. So I hope all you begginers do better then I did. See Ya! :D

KarateKid101

"The answers to life aren't in the back of the book"

- Charlie Brown

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I"ll help you out at the dojo if you need any help... just ask me.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Welcome ;)

Glad to hear about your progress.

Although Taikyoku Shodan is the easiest kata available (some dojos skip it and start with heian shodan), for a beginner it's like walking on Mars :D As time passes you'll feel even more comfy with it and all the katas you'll learn.

Good luck ;)

Hi!

I remember how hard it was to learn taikyoku but trust me once you have it down the other kata's will come much easier.

Good luck!

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

Thank you Greenbelt_girl15. Now I am learning Han Sodon( I don't know how to spell it!). I is very,very easy. Is it the easiest Kata?

KarateKid101

"The answers to life aren't in the back of the book"

- Charlie Brown

Heian Shodan.

I feel it is the easiest, yes. But some can find it challenging when they first start out because of self confidence. If you are happy with yourself, self-confident, and enthusiastic about learning you should find this an easy kata to learn and practice with.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Heian Shodan.

Don't underestimate this kata. It an easy kata, but you can learn a great deal of things from it. My teacher is 7th dan and yet he says that by studying the kata deeply, he learns new things from it, that he previously didn't realize. The same thing can be said of all kata.

"Practising karate means a lifetime of hard work."

~Gichin Funakoshi

Heian Nidan is the next step up from Heian Shodan.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."