• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One Inch punch Footage

I seen it on TV a few times, but I would like to see it on my computer so I can slow it down and manipulate it to study it..

Does anyone know where I can get it or download it from? Post links GOGO! :cool:

Do unto others, as they done to you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 years later...

Hey study with a wing chun or jkd man and they should be able to show you how it is done, there may be others but those are the arts that i know of. Its not magic but it helps to have someone show you the motion that makes it work.

Survivor

I do have a clip where the six-inch punch is demonstrated three or four times. To my understanding there isn't that much of a difference in body dynamics when it comes to performing the two. In any case, I hope this helps:

http://www.stamerra.it/Wingchun/Video/Grados%20Wing%20Chun.mov

That music was horrible :puke: ... the short punch you are speaking of (at the end of the video, against a big black man, I assume) looks fake to me.

I once saw a man. He was on his hands and knees, collapsed on the ground. He was drenched in sweat, and completely out of breath. And nobody was there to see it. I once saw the image of a champion.

Doing what everybody else does, but more of it, does not make you a champion. It's what you do on top of that, that they don't do at all, that makes you better than they are.

the one inch punch is amazing, the power bruce lee can put behind that punch is just extraordanary.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

I have not expeianced the one inch with but a few people but the man who was my sifu would in my belief drop any man. I am 6'4'' 250lbs and am not a freak show follower but when he placed his fist or open hand on my chest, lower ribs or just my shoulder and did the technique it was not imagined pain or imagined that I was physically moved. I have practiced at no space, 1, 2, and 3 inches and once you understand the mechanics it is a powerful tool and works great in close quarter combat.

Survivor

I used to have to do some not pleasant forearm drills and exercises to work "Iron Bridge" concepts and for "shock" power. Essentially, it was or is the same type of training involved in working the short range bridge power which the one inch punch is a demonstration of.

I've also seen a Japanese style's version of it that adds a rotation of the wrist from an open palm. The end result of the punch looks very much like a chinese pheonix punch crossed with a Wing Chun style uppercut. Also, the usual wrist movement is done in the up/down plane. In the Japanese version i saw, the wrist motion was done in the left/right plane.

ohayo gozaimasu, o genki desu ka.