UsagiYojimbo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd view the once per week oppportunity as a great chance to get the feel of the dojo and the people, plus the instructor.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

I too, am back involved in martial arts, Shoryn Ryu, after a 3-year departure. Once starting college, I started playing rugby, and fell out of Martial arts. I am now involved again, and training like a man possessed. I have that hunger back. good luck with your workouts.

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

I too, am back involved in martial arts, Shoryn Ryu, after a 3-year departure. Once starting college, I started playing rugby, and fell out of Martial arts. I am now involved again, and training like a man possessed. I have that hunger back. good luck with your workouts.

Is that the best hunger or what!!!!

Welcome back to you also :)

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

Sounds like the hunger! I think I tend to feel it if I have to miss a class or two...you feel the itch.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Jimmy,where do you train Shoryn Ryu at? I'm in Charlotte NC myself,and had tha hardest time finding any karate schools around here.

His school has actually closed down, but he's teaching myself and a few students privately. It's about an hour away in Shelby, NC.

he meets with us on Friday's from 530-830, with the notion that we prepare on our own ahead of time. There's only about 3 of us, so the trainign is intense, personal, and thourough. I never got my black belt when I was working out a few years ago. It wqas something that always bothered me, and I was looking into a school in Charlotte, but wanted to at least rach Shodan from him. I called him up and he told me the dojo closed, but he was teaching a select few privately. I asked if he had room for one more, and here I am. Maybe we could get together sometime and work out. do you go to the Enshin school off harris blvd by chance?

"The wise and successsful will always be met with violent opposition by mediocre minds."

correction..

that was actually a tang so do school off 49.

not an Enshin school off harris. sorry about that..too early i guess.