• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dissarming a Gun

Emei89

give him whatever he wants and run. Nothings worth losing ur life unless its family.

Yeah, two brothers or eight cousins are worth it. Sigh, I'm such a biology dork.

Fetch Daddy's blue fright wig! I must be handsome when I unleash my rage.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I guess it all depends on situation... Would anyone else shoot the guy in the leg if you got the gun? Thats if he already isn't obeying your commands of getting on the ground and such...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Just give the man what he wants. It sure ain't worth dying for. Then just try to get a good description of the guy so that you can give it to the police.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a gun, shoot him first. If you don't and he is close enough in, possibly take your chances. If he is too far away, good luck. (I hope no one here has to deal with this EVER!)

Stay safe.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• 1 month later...
Seriously if someone ever points a gun at you, just surrender unless he's within grabing range (which I don't believe anyone will point a gun this close to you).

Sure just surrender, then hand over your money, and then hope he doesnt decide to shoot you afterwards in order not to leave a witness.

Actually, most armed robbers will point a gun this close to you..hard to rob you of your wallet from half a block away. :roll:

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

In this day and age, you can't just sit there and hope for someone not to shoot you if you comply with their demands. Especially since it's a very good chance he is going to shoot you anyways.

Yup :)

In this day and age, you can't just sit there and hope for someone not to shoot you if you comply with their demands. Especially since it's a very good chance he is going to shoot you anyways.

I completely agree.

I've had a knife pulled on me for pretty much no reason (complicated background, but nothing to do directly with me), not even for money. It was pretty scary when the guy kept coming at me with a large knife. I just kept backing away with my hands up telling him to calm down etc., and he kept coming.

I didn't really know what to do about a knife attack back then, so I got stabbed (and yes, I know if you fight someone with a knife you will get cut) but it wasn't major, and the knife ended up in my control. For a few seconds I was worried about self-control, wondering what I'd do with the weapon since this guy just tried to take my life. However, I dropped the knife and took off running to my car. Buddy's arm was broken so he didn't feel like following I'll bet.

It's just good to know what to do when and if the situation should occur. Better to be safe than sorry.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden