• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Christians and Ki/Chi

I think a lot of people tend to take chi to a level that doesn't exist. To me chi is just a way of delivering the most energy/power to a specific area... which usually means total relaxation until impact (like popping someone with a wet towel). And realizing how to do it. Learning that all energy comes from the earth first...Stances....I am a devout Christian and i take my relationship with Jesus Christ above all, and i have no problem with chi in this aspect, but some people say they can move people without touching them, making themselves levitate..... to me that is just a bunch of hogwash....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked my mother about it. She said "It is a body energy and it's okay. So long as you don't start worshiping it or putting the energy above the Holy Trinity." That makes sense. So I guess it's okay.

• 2 months later...

Not only is it ok. It's bibical. (Gasp?!?)

Look into the Original Covenant (Old Testement) Christians have convinently forgotten about. See all the versus about how the blood is the life?

Compare that to how we use Chi and how Chi relates to blood... This is but one example.

Ask yourself this, if Chi/Ki/Qi is eneregy that exclusively comes from the earth, then why does it involve breathing?

I think to best use Chi/Ki energy, which I believe is the natural life force energy that's everywhere, you have to root yourself to the earth in your stances and movements because understanding and using gravity allows you to have the most power and efficiency in all around body and energy movement. But I don't think Ki is something that just comes up out of the earth.

When you do Chi or qigong exercises it always involves breathing and bringing that energy from the air into your center and then using that energy in different ways, but how we gather in more energy originally involves breathing, and I associate breathing with breath and spirit. I think we all have our natural Chi/Ki that's part of our breath of life that God's given us, that's where all our energy comes from and God continually supplies us with all of the spirit energy we need while we're alive. Qigong to me, when we take in air, and build up extra chi, it's like feeding off the constant IAM spirit presence of God that's in the air.

Genesis 2: verse 7: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and BREATHED into his nostrils the BREATH OF LIFE; and man became a living soul."

The breath of life, the holy ghost in all living things, and the constant spirit of God in the air all around us to me is what makes up Chi/Ki energy. EVERYTHING comes from God. He is the Lord of Spirits. All spirits come from him, all energy/spirit comes from him, all life energy flows and is supplied/replenished by the Spirit of God. Whether it's a demonic spirit, an angel, or the soul and spirit of a human being it all comes and is sustained by God.

John 20, verse 22: "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Recieve ye the Holy Ghost:..."

Now the Holy Ghost is in everyone, even those that haven't recieved Christ as their Lord and Savior, that is shown many times in the Bible, the one that comes to mind in the N.T. is when the one man in Acts lies about what he's given (he hasn't yet been baptized or recieved the Holy Ghost as Christians do) but once he's called for his lie, he dies and it says that the Holy Ghost left him. This shows that God, the Holy Ghost, is in all of us. The act of recieving the Holy Ghost upon baptizim or accepting Christ as your savior is a sanctification inside yourself where all your sins are forgiven and you are completely restored and replenished spiritually by God with his Holy Spirit and thus born again anew. And like a child you can now understand and see clearly and simply through the Holy Ghost.

I bring up the Holy Ghost and distinguish santification from unstanctification because I don't want to make it sound like just doing Tai Chi breathing fills you with the baptizim of the Holy Ghost and makes you a new creature as is written in scripture and experienced today. But I do believe that God is everywhere and Chi is part of his spirit energy that surrounds us and sustanins us in everyday life through our breathing which is where I think Chi energy comes from. In short, to me, I think Chi energy is the Life Breath that God has given us and that constantly circulates through us as we breath. We are the temple of the Holy Ghost, and that deals with the Spirit/breath of life in all of us.

• 3 months later...

naww its not against the bible its not exactly like this but kinda, i follow Taoism for philosophy on life, not religion but i am a strong Christian at heart

Wise men do not need to prove a point.

Men who need to prove a point aren't wise.

• 7 months later...

I believe that what martial artists call Chi is what science has investigated and discovered to be simple body energy. There is an energy that routes through our bodies that causes our organs and other processes to function. Without that energy the body dies. That energy comes mostly from the food we consume and has reletively nothing to do with coming from the ground....that is root force, rooting yourself before you strike your opponent for the maximum force possible.

Tasers work on this Chi by exacting upon the body another positive flow of energy that short curcuits the energy within the body. If any of you have ever been tased before, you know what I mean. Before our deputies can carry a taser they have to first be tased by one to know what it feels like... it locks up your entire body while the flow of electricity is flowing into your body - short curcuiting your Chi momentarily.

I think there is a lot of hub-bub in teaching that one can, through meditation, actually shoot their chi into another persons body, but I can't explain demonstrations that I have seen in my childhood. Almost seems demonic to me.

My martial arts history began in Kodenkan Jujitsu and at an AJJF meet they had a japanese master come in and demonstrate what he called Chi, by bringing in a horse slaighted for the glue factory.....he stroked the horse four times down his throat and chest area, explaining that he was shooting his Chi into the horse. About ten minutes later the horse stumbled around, laid down and finally died. They brought in a tanto and cut the skin down the same area he had stroked......the meat was all black inside and no blood seeped out the cut skin. Weird.

Like I said, I can't explain what I saw, but it doesn't seem to be anything natural to a man. I have heard that Ninja's of the past did certain rituals and meditations to ask demons to enter them in order to do some pretty amazing physical feats, but I just don't know.

I have been a Christian for over 20 years, and a minister the last 15....there is nothing mystical or supernatural about the reality of body energy (Chi).

Using no Way, AS Way...

Using no Limitation, AS Limitation

• 2 weeks later...

when i think about chi/ki, ive thought of it this way(im a christian as well)

i think that ki/chi are forces that you get from the 8

(yes i said 8, its what i belive:

2-hands

2-feet

1-head

1-heart

1-sumach

1-"pleasure area"

)

and those chakras are actually created by the mind, in which itself is a chakra.. i belive that the mind is soooo powerful, it can actually create chakra... so its not linked to spirituality, but still connected to a supernatural power..

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

• 4 months later...

From what i understand Ki or Chi is more just kinetic energy that people can learn to channel more efficiently so they lose less force during the transfer. As for Kiais i have no idea, i don't use them and haven't studied them at all.

Currently a Blue Belt in AKKI Kenpo