• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Christians and Ki/Chi

I've heard of a man that uses the "no-touch knockdown" technique he developed, that actually pushes someone back using Chi/Ki/Qi. Then again don't believe everything you hear.

u want real Ki/Chi- look for "Pakua" and "Hsing i" .

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of christians like to declare things they don't understand as evil. Ki/chi is far to ambiguous a word for most people to deal with. Energy, there's energy created when you breathe, there's kenitic energy, there's all kinds of different definitions of energy. My thought is this. All things are by thier basic nature neutral, it's how the person uses it that makes it good or bad.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 weeks later...
Chi is not a supernatural force, its a natural force or energy that we all possess...thus it is God given. It's relatively easy to prove its existance. IMO there is nothing biblical or unbiblical about it. It is not the Holy Spirit nor unchristian.

I respectfully agree.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! Thanks for the responses so far this is realy helping me.I've posted pn this subject on a different forum and much of the responses talked of ki in a mystical realm it's good to get a new perspective on this.

Ok I know that people are going to jump all over me and my intention is to ask opinion rather than give one but how far of a reach is calling Ki the Holy Spirit. My wife is doing her semi regular christian push on me and in my limited understanding of the whole thing one has to pray to develop the Holy Spirit within as one has to meditate to deveop the ki within. I don't know and I am sure someone will tell me how wrong I am but it almost sounds like semantics to me. Please do not get angry at this post as that is not my intention in anyway.

Okay in my opinion the Holy Spirt and ki are two entirly different things.As a Christian I belive that the Holy Spirit is the third part of the trinity(God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit)The Holy Spirit is the part of God that lives in you when you become a Christian.I'm not sure develop would be the right word as you said in your post since the Holy Spirit is a being not a thing.But rather though prayer your develop a relationship with God.

Ki,I belive, is an inpersonal force though I'm not sure if I should put anything else on ki since I'm not sure what I truly think of it myself.

Forgive me if I come of as overly religius (sp?) :blush: I'm a bit of an evangalist.

I agree with you..........

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

• 2 weeks later...
I've been a Christian for 12 years and I've been doing some reaserch on Ki lately trying to figure out what I think of it :-? .Is it a real force? Is it okay for Christians to use? What do the Bible say about it?

Any input on the subject would be great. :)

Your best bet is to ask someone who is theologically competent.

Email Dr. James Bettrell and he will answer. Hes a Hebrew/Greek Bible Scholar

http://www.brettell.org/ His email address is on the site.

I would give my opinion but more credibility comes from a Bible Scholar

7th Dan Chidokai

A true combat warrior has to be hard as nails in mind, body and soul. Warriors are action takers and not action fakers. If you are cruising, make time for losing

• 1 month later...

Ok,

We have some wonderful debate going on about the existance, and or justification of chi in Christianity, but lets try this from a fundamentalist baptist prospective.

First things first "All things are possible through Christ"

This is an important concept. "All things" means just that. "Freedom in Christ" is profound.

Your intention is important. Do you meditate so you can becaome a more centered person so you can better be utilized for the glory of The Lord Jesus Christ? Or at least something resembling that?

I belive I was introduced to a lifetime study of knowing how to hurt people (because at the core, that's what we are doing), by a loving pacifistic God. This is not a contradiction to me. As an Irish redhead, I have a voilently hot temper sometimes. This study, this hobby, this art as taught me pacifism. It has taught me to keep my head, and release energy in a productive, or at least not destructive manner. Knowing how to kill, gives me the freedom not to. This is one of the many gifts from my God. Ironically, some of my best teachers have been raving psychopaths.

I practice several forms of meditation (Which means I'm not very good at any of them - Focus young one). Some of these are transcendental in nature. Like I said earlier, I'm a southern baptist, so I believe in a real spirtual struggle here on Earth. I also realize that in God's great universe there are "wondered things to satiate the senses both carnal and spiritual, but its not for the faint at heart." And that there are more things in Heaven and Earth than this redhead knows about.

Do demons exist? The bible says so. Have I ever experienced n evil spirit? I believe so. Am I insane? If I were, I wouldn't know it, would I? But I am a good martial artist, so if the possibility of evil exists, I train for it. Isn't that what we do?

All of this blowhard philosophy aside, I DO believe that by opening myself up to a universal tao or chi I risk negative spiritual influence by whatever little baddies might live there. I also belive that my Jesus is much more powerful than any creature that might find interest in such an insubstantial wreck of a human being such as myself. The meditation helps me though, so I simply ask my Lord for His protection and guidance, and have faith that He grants it. So far I haven't been possessed and started vomiting pea soup (but again, If I were possessed, would I know it? Would you?)

Lots of people spend way too much time trying to make a simple concept difficult. "For God so loved the world (That's you and me), that he gave His only begotten Son, That whosoever (That's you and me again) BELIVES IN HIM, shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

Pretty Simple. Just ask for protection and you will get it.

"The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao." Lao Tzu.

I don't really see a contradiction.

Chi is a natural force that we all have access to. What's wrong with cultivating Chi through breathing or other exercises? It's not a "supernatural" phenomenon that only certain people can use nor is it something that people actually worship. Does God not want us to take good care of our bodies and reach for the highest potential with what He gave us?

Gong Kiu, Yau Kiu, Bik Kiu, Jik Kiu, Fun Kiu, Ding Kiu, Chieun Kiu, Tai Kiu, Lau Kiu, Wan Kiu, Jai Kiu, Deng Kiu.

Wll put ered 101. Intention is everything. Do I want to become more focused so my skill grows to the point that I could destroy anyone in my path? Do I want to become more focused so that my skill grows to the point that I could be an inspiration to someone like some kid who never had a father and needs someone to look up to? It does come down to a persons heart. Do you have a compasionate heart like that of Christ? Do you have a proud heart like that of the devil? Intention is everything!

• 1 month later...
I teach my students this about chi.

Energy is all around us because energy never disappears. It only changes from one form to another. When we do chi breathing or deep breathing, we are taking in energy that is provided by God (Christian).

Chi breathing or deep breathing fills our body with more oxygen than it is used to having and having more oxygen circulating through our body enables that person to function at a level that it never did before. The human body does emit energy (heat), therefore we are all taking in energy and emitting energy.

I'd pretty much agree with this overview...

'Do not do injury, if you can possibly avoid it.' --Tielo, 6th Century

'A man, as long as he teaches, learns.' -- Seneca