• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Christians and Ki/Chi

Kilik -- very interesting site.

As for the question. Ki is a life force. Who gave man life (as a Christian would answer that) and that would be God. All such things that God has given us is good.

I have found that some Christians do not think highly of the art of Karate. Respectfully, we humans only use 3% of our brain capacity and about as much of the ability that we can develop from Ki.

I have also read that Reiki is a strength that Jesus used. Perhaps this is not true but I read it argued to that point.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that many Christians think poorly of the Martial Arts, especially the Internal ones.

They want to destroy that which they do not know or want to know, or desire to understand, even if it is of God.

As a Christian, I have found it best to not mix anything regarding the Martial Arts or spirituality with the Christian religion.

Thanks to the misunderstanding of qi, and it's uses, it is difficult, but not impossible.

Life force is a poor term. And reiki practices things that does not follow any Biblical premise.

Martial Art is one thing. War and the preservation of life are just a natural part of our human existence.

We live in a physical world, and there are physical answers for most things.

Parts of the un-used brain are used during sleep. While the body heals itself.

By understanding how the many different biological energies have an effect on the condition of our body, we can move forward in medical research, and away (at least partially) from barbaric methods of cutting into people.

Pain and suffering might be part of the human experience, but we don't have to add to it.

:)

Just some thoughts!

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 2 months later...

I have seen demonstrations that make my conservative christian upbringing scream in skeptical disbelief. I have felt chi/ki in action. Christ never said it doesn't exist, he also never said not to believe in it. Also, it is nowhere in the bible that chi/ki is demon worship, ot giving yourself to evil. Sorry, until Christ or the Holy Spirit descend upon me and open my heart to believe otherwise, I know what I know.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

As for the question. Ki is a life force. Who gave man life (as a Christian would answer that) and that would be God. All such things that God has given us is good.

I have found that some Christians do not think highly of the art of Karate. Respectfully, we humans only use 3% of our brain capacity and about as much of the ability that we can develop from Ki.

I have also read that Reiki is a strength that Jesus used. Perhaps this is not true but I read it argued to that point.

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is Reiki?

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is Reiki?

Reiki , the craft of using one's body to channel universal "Ki" or Chi into other people or oneself in order to heal any ailment.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose that it could be argued that way, though I do not believe that it is true.

Though I realy don't know anything about reiki I don't think that it can be used to heal those who are leppers or blind, and not those who are dead either.All of which Jesus were some of the miricles that Jesus did.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

• 4 months later...

I've heard of a man that uses the "no-touch knockdown" technique he developed, that actually pushes someone back using Chi/Ki/Qi. Then again don't believe everything you hear.

A New Age Dawns

I suppose that it could be argued that way, though I do not believe that it is true.

Though I realy don't know anything about reiki I don't think that it can be used to heal those who are leppers or blind, and not those who are dead either.All of which Jesus were some of the miricles that Jesus did.

I'm not saying it is definitely what Jesus used, however, Reiki has been used to treat incurable deseases in Asia, with better effect than western medicine.

Besides, if Jesus really used Reiki, he probably had a much more potent one than the one we know.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty