• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True..im just saying there are grapplers who get beat in NHB by another grappler who they could beat in pure grappling. But I also agree it is much more common to see a "striker" get hit by a grappler and knoced down or out becuase they are worried about the takedown..Ie Randelman-cro cop, Leko-ogawa etc.

enough about you guys back to ME :brow:

i said the rep of a striker.

its high time our sport evolves to be fighters. not stikers and grapplers

lucky punch-----nick diaz against robbie lawler. however i did see nick know someone else out with that pathetic excuse for a sloppy hook. so go figure,, maybe it wasnt luck.

grappler knocking out striker. randy couture outboxing vitor and chuck---however randy is smart, athletic and well crossed trained...i dont think he can be considerd just a grappler anymore

• 4 weeks later...

You guys forget that you can also pull off a triangle from the mount. If I mount a guy on the street, aside from pounding him, thats a move I'd love to do. I'd rather not do the one from the guard because I'd rather not be on my back anyway- but if I am, and I get the chance, I'm doing it for sure.

I guess if your on the ground and their punching down on you, you can catch the hand and put them in a triangle... but ya they can pick you up and slam you.lol. But if you lock the leg tight enough you wont break...

You guys forget that you can also pull off a triangle from the mount. If I mount a guy on the street, aside from pounding him, thats a move I'd love to do. I'd rather not do the one from the guard because I'd rather not be on my back anyway- but if I am, and I get the chance, I'm doing it for sure.

yeah i always forget to do that when i have mount. kinda strange cause im in it alot when im mounted :bawling:

Are you guys talking about the triangle choke with the legs or arms from the guard? You can do both if you catch them just right. The triangle with the legs works great when they are trying to pass and the one with arms works great when they are trying to punch down on you.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

i am refering to the leg triangle. iot is easy to do when someone is in your gaurd and punching down on you. when the bring their arm back to strike. thats when you kinda push it back with your hand and send your leg over his shoulder

Yeah when you have someone in your closed guard and they punch down on you. With your left hand push their right arm past your head while pulling their weight forward with your legs. You right arm should be in between their neck and their left shoulder. Clasp your hands and hug him tight and the triangle is created with your arms. It works really well and it happens fast.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"