• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats everyone think about sankaku jime (triangle choke)? I can pull it off in radori, but do you think it would work in a confrontation on the street as long as it was a fight one on one?

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you end up on your back and cant sweep him then it's a great option..Triangle and arm bar are your two main weapons and i would much rather choke someonout then break their arm in most street confrontations..

The only thing I would be cautious of is getting picked up and slammed if they are alot stronger than you..although there are ways to prevent that..

On your back in any streetfight is a bad place to be, but if you know the technique you can kill someone with it. Certainly being choked will distract somebody.

I do doubt you would have major opportunities to use it, but if the right situation came up ...

"I'm not tense; just terribly, terribly alert."

Never go to your back in a street situation if you can help it. So many bad things that can happen there.

In a real fight, you're better off using the takedowns you've learned and then getting side or full mount. From there you can simply get the guy to stop or work strikes to ensure he's not getting up for quite awhile.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

-The Book of the Void (A Book of Five Rings)

"Men don't start fights, but they do finish them."

Angry Matt what's the name of your school for Budo Taijutsu. We have a guy that was in wrestling and somehow found us.

If you get the choke while standing take the balance to his heel and drop straight down, pinning his head with your chest. You end up behind, squat and they are pretty much screwed cause it's extremely hard to move from there. It's also pretty easy to pull off.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

I don't have a school persay. The training is done AT my school, Lake Forest College, in a converted squash room.

Taught by a 2nd degree black belt who has trained for 15 years in the basement of a man named Dr. Yo (Yamamoto) in Highwood, IL.

"In the void is virtue, and no evil. Wisdom has existence, principle has existence, the Way has existence, spirit is nothingness."

-The Book of the Void (A Book of Five Rings)

"Men don't start fights, but they do finish them."

If you get the choke while standing take the balance to his heel and drop straight down, pinning his head with your chest. You end up behind, squat and they are pretty much screwed cause it's extremely hard to move from there. It's also pretty easy to pull off.

Are you taking about a leg traingle choke choke? If so im completly lost.

gumbi, I wasn't saying it wouldn't work, I was saying I had only used it in randori practice and had never used it on the street. As to the reason why I created the post, I'd have to say that I was just curious,thats all.

Why punch someone when their on the ground when you can just kick them

Or you guys talking about a leg triangle choke? My bad.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"