• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know when your obbsessed with martial arts when....

...when when you're in a group of people with an instructor, and the instructor asks "any questions?" and you yell "NO SENSEI!"

...when while you're walking through the mall aimlessly every step you take is a front kick before you actually take the step

...when you drop something from your hands you automatically try to kick it back up to you (or is that due to soccer practice...)

...when your friends catch you trying to do the splits to see if you can do a high kick in your jeans or you don't buy a certain pair of shoes due to the fact that you can't do a proper front kick or side kick with them

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, pretty much guilty on all counts...I go over techniques and corrections I need to do when I'm in bed...I never make it through all of them before I doze off.

Practice kata in your mind incessantly...

Another thign I do is what I call wargaming...while walking around, I think 'what would I do if this guy does this or that guy does that' and come up with counters.

I also do alot of what-if'ing. If somebody did this, would this work as a counter.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

You know you’re obsessed with Martial Arts when you begin to evaluate the techniques used in video games. Such as…

"Did you see that hip rotation! That was awesome!"

“There is no way he could have hit that hard. He was arm punching for pete’s sake!”

"Achieving victory in every battle is not absolute perfection. Neutralizing an adversary’s forces without battle is perfection."

Sun-Tzu, The Art of War

You know your obsessed with martial arts when.....

You walk into a room, then stop and look left and right slowly, before proceding to get coffee.

Your girlfriend puts her arm on your shoulder, and you perform Ippon Soi Nage.

You wear your Tae Kwon Do/ Kickboxing pants during school hours.

You turn of the lights with an Ax Kick.

You think all your favourite actresses would look better in a Gi.

You think you can take on the entire police force.

Every item of clothing you own has been battle tested.

Your trousers must allow maximum kick mobility.

Your favourite character on any fighting game is the one who still wears his traditional uniform.

When your wife argues with you, you :kaioken: pretend to charge up and go into Super Saiyan mode.

You own every historical or groudbreaking documentary on martial arts.

You tie your fridge to a rope and let it swing into you, thinking you can take the hit.

You think your the Highlander, in that whenever you beat someone in a fight, you believe you have just absorbed his power, and look up to the sky and scream.

If you knock someone to the flaw, you scream "FLAWLESS VICTORY"

You practice kicks in front of mirrors.

Your ideal honeymoon destination is the Shaolin temple.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

You tie your fridge to a rope and let it swing into you, thinking you can take the hit.
:D

also done the ax kick to turn off the lights.

You shut car doors with your feet...

To walk out of work at night, I use my knee to open the small swing handle on the door and in one deft leg movement open the door and swing it out with my foot :)

when you bend down to pick up what you dropped, it looks more like some cool Wu Shu move.

when I open the door to the break room at work, I check it with my rear hand then do an elbow and hammer fist just light enough to keep it open and walk through.

You find yourself checking your training horse no matter where you are.

You start taking days off of work to train extra at the school, or in my case, I take days off of my night job to give private remedial lessons to the underbelts.

and you know you're obsessed when you are talking to somebody and all you can think about is the different ways to move in and take control of the situation...most guys look at a gal's chest, but I look at elbows, knee placement, overall position...man, what's wrong with me...have I gone mad? :kaioken: :D

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

You practice kicks in front of mirrors.

Guilty...

Your ideal honeymoon destination is the Shaolin temple.

LOL!!!!!!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I am extremely guilty of closing doors, cupboards, or anything else that needs to be moved with front, side, or round kicks. I have a friend who's hood is covered in a huge martial art decal. I constantly am going through my moves/forms and I regularly am at the dojang before my instructor.

you know you're obsessed when...

-your idea of a good relationship includes lots of karate moves against each other