• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know when your obbsessed with martial arts when....

When you can't stop thinking about martial arts- everything you do ends with a technique, your every conversation has to have a something relating to a kick or a block and others look at you like you are insane but you don't care- you live with your life. You have to go to your studio everyday and when it's closed you are bored to life. When you are in class you daydream about yourself doing your form in a valley and then beating up a load of people-still it's cool. Yes, this sounds like i am a little obessed. I love it though.

Life is a book, you have to read it to achieve it- invent your own novel

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you're obsessed...when you're trying to sleep, and your mind keeps going over kata automatically. :evil:

And to top it off, I dreamed about the dojo last night! I've gone past the point of no return......... :karate:

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

yeah, kata are what put me to sleep every night, i cant go to sleep without doing all my kata and mentally sparring against someone from the dojo! :karate:

"When your hand goes out stay your anger; when your anger goes out stay your hand." - Taika Seiyu Oyata

yeah, kata are what put me to sleep every night, i cant go to sleep without doing all my kata and mentally sparring against someone from the dojo! :karate:

haha and this is a huge problem for me caus i have to do them slow and correct first then fast and strong then i go over parts over and over again... i hate it =/

btw i always win those kumite matches :D

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

You know you're obsessed when, upon being given something, you bow to the person. I bowed when they gave me plates at work.

You look forward to and are completely joyous at the idea of new bruises and being sore when you wake up. (I haven't been in three weeks, I'm going mad!)

You sit down to watch a karate-ish movie, and can't help but start laughing at the ridiculous and useless techniques they use, no matter how cool they look. (I sat down to watch Mortal Kombat: Annihilation last night, it's what made me want a BB so bad when I was small. I was laughing by the end.)

Sitting doesn't feel comfy in anything but seiza and fudoza.

(This might be exclusive to me) When anyone yells "LINE UP!!!" you run as fast as you possibly can to get into whatever line they're talking about so you don't do push-ups...then realize you aren't in the dojo and people are staring at you.

Now, to count how many of these I fit into......Okay, counted....30/51. More than half. I'm long past the point of no return....OH! *sings* Past, the point of no return, no going back now....heh...sorry....Phantom of the Opera, couldn't resist. I'm obsessed with that too.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

June1, I use Shuto to open doors. Try it, it's good! :D

I'm utterly obsessed with MA - to the point where it is often the last thing I think about at night and the first thing I think about when I wake up. :roll:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Well, the bruises and minor aches are usually a good reminder when you wake up. Not sure about looking forward to new bruises, but I definitely prefer the sore muscles to the headache I get after an exam. I've started laughing at an MA movie, and had to explain why to my roommate. It may have even been Mortal Kombat. =:-}

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

It's so ridiculous! And there's no way any of that actually would WORK. It's funny, I'm watching it again now. As to looking forward to new bruises....I normally don't, but I've been out for three whole weeks (That got to be legalized torture.), so I'm looking forward to being reminded of why I don't like bruises. And mat burns. We now have mats instead of all wood. We will have blisters. We will be burned. It will not be fun to walk around at school. And we will enjoy every minute of it.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu