• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know when your obbsessed with martial arts when....

You might be obsessed with martial arts if you get settled into a new apartment and the wall looks like this.

If I may ask, what things are you using to hang up your weapons?

It looks very nice and clean. I need some of those wall stands!

"In time of grave public crisis, one must have the courage to face a million and one opponents..." - Gichin Funakoshi

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When shaking hands, we teach that to show respect for the other individual (and to show that one is unarmed) we rest the left hand over the right forearm while shaking with the right.

I can't tell you how many times I've inadvertently done that while meeting new people, even when I'm not in my gi, and it's always a little awkward. I get a little sheepish and I have to explain "its a karate thing."

You know you're obsessed when someone pronounces Karate as "krotty," and you always correct them "It's Karate!" (Kara-tay).

I definitely guilty of practicing kata or techniques even when I'm brushing my teeth!

"In time of grave public crisis, one must have the courage to face a million and one opponents..." - Gichin Funakoshi

When shaking hands, we teach that to show respect for the other individual (and to show that one is unarmed) we rest the left hand over the right forearm while shaking with the right.

:lol: I'm guilty of this (although we do left under the right). People also think its weird that you shake hands to greet people anyway. Other than buisness/formal settings its just not really done that much anymore whereas in TKD we do it all the time.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

• 1 year later...

you start practicing kata when your friend leaves the room and when he comes back and asks what you were doing you tell him you were trying to kill a fly.

I work as a cashier at walmart (yah I know, ick) and sometimes when the people greeter calls in, or for their breaks or lunches, they put us cashiers on the doors. So one day I was the people greeter at 5 am, and of course NO ONE was coming in. Maybe one person every 10 minutes. I was so bored out of my mind I finally started discreetly doing moves here and there, to entertain myself. Not as discrete as I thought cause some guy asked me if I was practicing karate. I nodded sheepishly thinking "oh crap they caught me". You'd think I'd then learn...but if you ever walked into the walmart I work at when I'm people greeting, and watch me carefully for a bit, I'm sure you'll catch me in a martial arts move.

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. - Nido Qubein

I've found myself on a few occasions at home flipping light switches on/off by slowly performing a front snap kick.

One of my friends from my school said one time at work he decided to press the button for the elevator by using a roundhouse kick. If someone would have walked up as he was doing it...I'm sure he would have gotten funny looks. :lol:

You might be obsessed with martial arts if you get settled into a new apartment and the wall looks like this.

I have the same wizard on my wall.

Does the Buster Sword have the Knights of the Round materia?

My fists bleed death. -Akuma