• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know when your obbsessed with martial arts when....

First, i must say that I think everyone of us have done at least one of these things :lol:

-When both your hands are practicing bo sparring moves with your pencil during class :P

Hon-Shin-Do=The way of the True Heart

Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go untill they think they are going to collapse. but the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further beyond all limits. Only when all these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

When your instintly in a good mood when you see someone training in the park as you drive by on your way to work.

When you wake up and are vagely aware that you just made a skilled* technique and there are no more blankets keeping you warm.

When your looking forward to going to class, that your there over an hour early cause you didn't look at the clock to ensure your timing.

When you go to grab someones arm who was beside you to practice a self defence technique you were just going through your head.

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

you run from one saloon to another in last 30 min. hopeing to find a Jet Lee movie while your wife watching a new version of gone with wind and waiting for you to come back with popcorn.

you wakeup at the middle of the night screaming that you missed you MA class. your wife swears that you didn't.

• 2 weeks later...

hopefully I don't repeat any of these.

... when you kick holes in doors trying to shut them with kicks :roll: I've never done that :angel: :P

... when you trip and autimatically do a shoulder roll

... you play 'spot the martial artist' in the local mall

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

When every single fight in a non MA tv show/film looks completely amateur, and you continue to explain this throughout the whole scene to others watching!

I do that all the time! It drives my family crazy :lol:

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

... when you trip and automatically do a shoulder roll

LOL

I got tripped going for a pass playing football and did a backward roll and came up on my feet.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

• 3 weeks later...

When the first word out of your parrot's mouth is KIAI!, and you teach your cat how to free spar.

When the books on your night stand are by authors like Gichin Funakoshi, Hirokazu Kanazawa and Musashi Miyamoto.

When the Twelve Days of Christmas becomes: one boxing bag, two boxing gloves, three shin pads (includes an extra pad for the one you'll inevitably lose), four Tokaido gi's, five rolls of adhesive tape....twelve cases of Tiger Balm.

When you look for a place to live based on the amount of practice space it provides.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 2 weeks later...
...you start to bow as you enter any room, anywhere.

...you close doors with roundhouse or fronk kicks.

...you also bow when you shake anyone's hand.

Wow man. I do that going into places like Wal-Mart and Friendlys. Makes you feel like an idiot.

"God gave us elbows for two reasons. Drinking beer and smashing ribs."

-Frank Konecky