• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know when your obbsessed with martial arts when....

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are at the dojo before th instructer is.

Hey, I do that fairly regularly. He's a busy guy and it's only a 10-15 minute walk from where I work :P

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

When you elbow the nearest flat, upright surface when no-one's looking

When you shake hands with someone and calculate their reach at the same time.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

• 1 month later...

Whenever someone tells you to do something you respond with, "yes, sensei!"

oh lord I've gotten sooo close.

karateka of Kobayashi Shorin-ryu karate-do(since 2000)

"A human life is truly as frail and fleeting as the morning dew." -Rashomon

“Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from it. So when tomorrow comes you must free your ambitious mind and learn the art of dying.” BL

All of these have applied to me

-You take a non-MA exercise class at the local health club (aerobics, yoga, etc.) and you catch yourself saying "Oss!" whenever the instructor says anything remotely motivational to the class.

-You go to you nephew's basketball game and you catch yourself bowing as you enter the school gym. You then feel somehow guilty because you walked across the hardwood on the way to your seat with your shoes on.

-You reply "hai" to your instructor in a foreign language class that is not Japanese.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

when you quote the original TMNT movie: "Ninja kick the dam rabbit!!!" everytime you are playing a video fightgame, watching a fight movie, or routing for your fav UFC fighter

:)

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

hmmm i have replied "hai" to the teacher in french class

I have elbowed a flat upright surface

i do make sure i can punch and kick in all outfits (even dresses and skirts >.>;;)

i can see the flaws in cheesy fight scenes and say to myself "heck even i can do better then that" or "i wonder how many times i could have hit him by now.."

i have a pair of practice pants for just at home, unfortunatly, i found out i loong since outgrew them and they tore >.>

i often imagine myself as an anime character...

i have dodged cars while walking back and forth across the street, walking my bike...

i am occasionally guilty of giving a slight bow when I thank or apologize to someone. It's become a bit of a habit. darn it >.<

I often size up new people as opponents..i love to fight >.< i admit it! me and my friends actually sort of beat up on each other alot. I know this kid below my grade and we practice every chance we get. Wich isn't alot i must say >.>;;

i use wax on, wax off >.<

this one time a branch got broken off of a tree near my house and i used to swing it around. Mnan that heavy thing got light fast O__o

When you start worshipping japanese people..or anyone who looks remotely oriental..

you are obsessed with MA when you watch any fight scene,practice vids, tournaments and count how many times you could have hit the people... (sooo guilty >.<)

looking up on how to create a martial arts school. (as i am typing this actually, don't worry. I won't until i get my own style down packed and got a name and...*rants*)

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee