• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You know when your obbsessed with martial arts when....

Oh, I do the bus bit all the time, and now I can show my rifle team brother a few moves with a pool cue. I've also noticed I'm using fore-arm blocks if a door tries to shut on me. Or snap a low block down to hit the panic bar when I back into a door.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that bus thing... I also do it on the subway. The way I do it now, though, is by sinking into a slight horse stance. I've heard that it's the most stable stance.

And Jax_Evolution, another way to order pizza is by giving them your order, and when they repeat it back to you, say no and change one thing. Continue this when they repeat again, and do it again, and again, and...

:P I wouldn't recommend it, of course, but I just think it's clever.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

You know you're obsessed with martial arts when:

You practice your tai chi footwork while waiting in line at the grocery store or talking to someone on the telephone.

You have a special pair of practice pants for home practice only.

When waiting to get into the courthouse for jury duty and the police officer hollers for everyone that is waiting to move over to the side you yell "Yes sir!!" (and people turn and look at you like you're some kind of nut)

You dream about the dojo and the people in it several times a week.

Everytime "Enter the Dragon" comes on cable, you just have to drop whatever you are doing and watch it to the end.

Your watch is set to "dojo time" so that you are NEVER EVER late for class.

Juniper

p.s. I'm guilty of all of the above -- every single one of them. :brow:

I've also noticed I'm using fore-arm blocks if a door tries to shut on me.

haha shuto uke is the only way to open doors nowdays and maegeri for closing drawers(think thats what its called) ^^

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

*sweat*

Oh, man... I'm becoming guiltier and guiltier of more of these with each passing day.

My latest: I asked a friend from the dojo *coughCorpandcough* to teach me my next kata even though I'm not even that belt yet, and I've already memorized the moves after 2 days of practice.

Hmm... Freddy... I like that idea of using shuto uke to open doors... I should try that. I've been using side kicks to do so. :)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I'm guilt of most of the aforementioned!

Today...

You know you're obsessed with the martial arts when you and your training partner run into the high school gym between periods just to spar for a minute. He tried to throw me O Goshi. Big mistake (Ushiro Goshi). He needs to work on his falls though, banged his elbow :roll:

To condemn the art of another is to condemn your own as well. We all have the same origin.

Uh-oh- I'm learning the next kata also... And designing my own for the bo.

Dodging cars is no problem, do it all the time.

You know you're obsessed with martial arts when:

You put yourself in more pain to teach someone the correct way to do an arm bar.

You feel the need to go to the dojo to stay sane, and others think you're insane.

The best a man can hope for

is, over the course of his lifetime,

to change for the better.