• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you keep your rooms clean?

ShotokanKid

It seems that no matter what, I can't keep my room clean, it just gets dirty. ANy tips?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

The secret is to take care of things immediately, and not to leave them in a big pile to take care of later.

e.g.

make your bed as soon as you get out of it

empty the trash as soon as it's full

when you take off your clothes, put them directly in the hamper

Each of these things takes a second at a time, which is a lot better than half an hour of cleaning time every weekend.

Now if only I took my own advice...

good luck! ;)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Do what monkeygirl told you

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

You could also taccle the matter from a physical point of view and look at the 2nd law of thermodynamics, the so called supreme law of nature. From it you can conclude that the enthropy (quantification of the degree of disorder in physical systems) of the universe is increasing (=the level of order is decreasing). Since your room is - like the universe - an open system, which exchanges energy and matter with its surroundings, it aspires to reach an equilibrium state at which the enthropy of the system will be at maximum. :P

Meaning there's nothing much you can do about the dirtyness of your room, except providing a constant input of energy, that will keep your room in order.

In other words... Listen to the monkeygirl :D

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

It seems that no matter what, I can't keep my room clean, it just gets dirty. ANy tips?

Listen to Monkeygirl or hire a maid service.

I had to lose my mind to come to my senses.

Mine too, - the organized

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

A book i once read said if you can find anything in 20 mins you are organized. :idea: However, i tend to make sure everything gets cleaned and organized when i have homework to do. Cleaning is a great procrastination technique that i tend to do too often. :blush: But it does keep everything organized and clean. :D